Problem with Ixus 970 IS - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Problem with Ixus 970 IS

• 2 Replies
Problem with Ixus 970 IS
« on: 31 / March / 2024, 12:47:59 »
Advertisements
Hi,
I recently got a Canon Ixus 970 IS with firmware 1.00C and somehow the firmware update option is never visible in the menu. I obviously started the camera in playback mode and even tried the CHDK firmware of the Powershot version of this camera.
I already got CHDK running on several other cameras so I hope i don't made any dumb mistakes.
Please help me  :D

David

Offline reyalp

Re: Problem with Ixus 970 IS
« Reply #1 on: 31 / March / 2024, 14:45:35 »
Hi,
I recently got a Canon Ixus 970 IS with firmware 1.00C and somehow the firmware update option is never visible in the menu. I obviously started the camera in playback mode and even tried the CHDK firmware of the Powershot version of this camera.
FWIW, even though the mighty-hoernsche.de autobuild has rows for "PowerShot SD..." and "Ixus ..." they go to the exact same file.
I already got CHDK running on several other cameras so I hope i don't made any dumb mistakes.
Please help me  :D
How did you install CHDK on the card? Manually copying files, a tool like Stick?
If you copied manually, did you use a Mac? See https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble?
What size is the card? Is it configured with multiple partitions?

Common causes of not seeing the update option are:
1) Not starting the camera in playback mode.
2) Not scrolling all the way down in the menu, "Firm update..." is the last option and is usually not visible when you open the menu.
3) PS.FI2 file isn't in the root of the SD card. Usually this happens if the port doesn't support firmware update booting, but the notes for your camera say it is supported, and  I confirmed the Ixus 970 100c autobuild includes a PS.FI2 file. Make sure it exists in the root of the SD card (if the card is multi-partition, it needs to be on the "first", but for simplicity you can just put it on both)
4) Mac issue mentioned above
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: Problem with Ixus 970 IS
« Reply #2 on: 31 / March / 2024, 15:17:45 »

How did you install CHDK on the card? Manually copying files, a tool like Stick?
If you copied manually, did you use a Mac? See https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#Still_Having_Trouble?
What size is the card? Is it configured with multiple partitions?

Common causes of not seeing the update option are:
1) Not starting the camera in playback mode.
2) Not scrolling all the way down in the menu, "Firm update..." is the last option and is usually not visible when you open the menu.
3) PS.FI2 file isn't in the root of the SD card. Usually this happens if the port doesn't support firmware update booting, but the notes for your camera say it is supported, and  I confirmed the Ixus 970 100c autobuild includes a PS.FI2 file. Make sure it exists in the root of the SD card (if the card is multi-partition, it needs to be on the "first", but for simplicity you can just put it on both)
4) Mac issue mentioned above
[/quote]

It was the Mac thing! Thank you so so much! You really made my day!