G7 X porting thread - page 14 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

G7 X porting thread

• 167 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: G7 X porting thread
« Reply #130 on: 10 / June / 2018, 02:00:59 »
Advertisements
I split the discussion about HDMI and remote to https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13451.0
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #131 on: 14 / July / 2018, 07:12:09 »
Thank you for your enormous work with CHDK for Canon G7X. At the first, sorry for my english, I am writing from Spain and I need a bit of help.
The first step is to verify that there is a firmware version available for your G7X. 

Instructions are here :  FAQ#Q. How can I get the original firmware version number of my camera?

I'd strongly recommend using the ACID utility linked at the top of that page.  There is even a version in Spanish.

-I format my 64gb sd card with Fat32 format.
-I copy the zip of the g7x-100d-1.5.0-5041-full_ALPHA.zip to the sd card and unpack it.
This is correct assuming you unzipped the installation file so that the original folders in the zip file are recreated on your SD card.

-With the program EOS card to do the script in 0x1F0 like http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Card_Setup#Overview
-I create the file script.req with the text "for DC_scriptdisk" with the notebook.
-I create the file extend.m with the text:
' get firminfo
PRIVATE SUB Initialize()
   UI.Create()
   UIFS_WriteFirmInfoToFile("A/FIRMINFO.TXT");
END SUB
I put the sd card in the camera and turn on with the play button, after I press the button Func.Set and nothing and the RingFunc and nothing.
I go to the menu of the camero to update firmware and it is not appear.
You tried to configure your SD card to run Canon BASIC using this procedure. There is no reason to do this - it's a waste of time and not needed.

I tried it with the Stick program and I canĀ“t do it, when I press scan sd button the program it is closed.
You need to run STICK with administrator privileges - the method of doing so depends on whether you are using a Linux, Windows, or Apple O/S.

There is a complete listing of every way known of installing CHDK here :  Prepare your SD Card
For your camera, you want to use something this section : Cameras Released After 2010

The best method to use depends on your technical skill level.

Thank you so much. I tried with the Acid software and there is not version available for my Canon G7X. It is a shame.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #132 on: 14 / July / 2018, 09:40:18 »
I tried with the Acid software and there is not version available for my Canon G7X.
What do you see in the "Firmware Version" box when you load a photo made by your camera? Also, are you sure the camera is NOT a G7X Mark II?

« Reply #133 on: 16 / July / 2018, 06:31:18 »
I tried with the Acid software and there is not version available for my Canon G7X.
What do you see in the "Firmware Version" box when you load a photo made by your camera? Also, are you sure the camera is NOT a G7X Mark II?

I am sure, my camera is a G7X I
Acid software show this:

ohhhhh I think the problem is with the spanish version, because previouly I tried only with the ES version and it show me this:

Translate: No version available.
« Last Edit: 16 / July / 2018, 06:36:10 by pablosedano »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #134 on: 16 / July / 2018, 11:51:56 »
ohhhhh I think the problem is with the spanish version, because previouly I tried only with the ES version and it show me this:
The buttons for the trunk/experimental versions are missing in the Spanish screenshot too.

Anyway, CHDK (trunk 1.5) is available for G7X 100d.

« Reply #135 on: 06 / September / 2018, 20:01:08 »
I just got a G7X/100C from eBay, and downloaded the 100C test installation, and it seems to run OK.
But I have a text line displayed that says the test version has expired. It is being displayed constantly. Is there a way to remove this?
Thanks!

>> Oops -  Using ver. 4805

Vinz
« Last Edit: 06 / September / 2018, 20:31:54 by VinzVideo »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #136 on: 07 / September / 2018, 00:11:09 »
I just got a G7X/100C from eBay, and downloaded the 100C test installation, and it seems to run OK.
Thanks for reporting. Since it runs, I've enabled it in the autobuild. It should appear within the next half hour.

« Reply #137 on: 07 / September / 2018, 11:09:46 »
Thank you!
When I ran Stick again, it still says there is no official build for 100c. Shouldn't Stick automatically find the autobuild?

UPDATE>>
I waited several more hours, and then it was available. I know it doesn't make sense, but this version seems better behaved than the test version. I'm using a stereo twin rig with 100c and 100d cameras, and so far, it seems good.
There is OSD flicker, which I know is an ongoing problem. To make changes to the CHDK settings, I enter playback mode first - this way the OSD is solid. The flicker is related to the screen updating (when there is any camera motion at all.) So a stationary image (playback) allows for a flicker-free OSD.
Of course in recording mode, there is still flicker, but not enough to be objectionable.

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: 07 / September / 2018, 17:16:25 by VinzVideo »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #138 on: 07 / September / 2018, 23:17:58 »
I waited several more hours, and then it was available.
That's a bit odd. The autobuild should kick off within 15 minutes of a change. In a browser I sometimes need to do a full refresh to see the latest builds, but I'm not sure if Stick caches anything.

I know it doesn't make sense, but this version seems better behaved than the test version.
The test build was pretty old, so it's actually quite possible it was missing some of the later digic 6 improvements.

You're right that the flickering is a known issue. It should happen less if you are in a mode where the canon UI doesn't update so much. The face detect AF will do it a lot more than center, but of course that's no help if you don't want centered or want to use AUTO mode.

« Reply #139 on: 28 / October / 2018, 08:03:09 »
Interval shooting, works only with CHDK_DE_g7x-100d-1.5.0-5094-full_ALPHA
At later does not work. There is no possibility to select a script from the list.

Sorry for my english.
Many thanks for your work on the CHDK for G7X.
« Last Edit: 28 / October / 2018, 13:49:16 by collega63ru »