Does anyone know how to use Canon A470? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Does anyone know how to use Canon A470?

• 4 Replies
Does anyone know how to use Canon A470?
« on: 10 / September / 2008, 11:11:29 »
Advertisements
Does anyone know how to use Canon A470 for the following features?

When I plug in the video outlet how do I keep the photo in the monitor at the same time is projected in the screen?
When I take a picture how can I see the picture  -in the screen- without saving it in the camera?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: 10 / September / 2008, 23:05:08 by cesjaimes »

a470 especial feature
« Reply #1 on: 11 / September / 2008, 14:13:44 »
Hi:

we are working in a special project where we need that the camera A470 or any other unexpensive camera is able to show at the same time the image in the display plus in the TV set through the outlet A/V.

Is posible take pictures without saved in the SD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Does anyone know how to use Canon A470?
« Reply #2 on: 11 / September / 2008, 19:37:26 »
Thats not possible. There is a mechanical switch in the camera, so you have either in-camera display OR A/V out.

And taking pictures without saving.. Just don't put a SD card in. At least my cam shows the review of an image, even when its not saved. If the camera setting is set to "Hold review", it'll stay there until the next shutter press..

Regards

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Does anyone know how to use Canon A470?
« Reply #3 on: 15 / September / 2008, 11:25:39 »
Thats not possible. There is a mechanical switch in the camera, so you have either in-camera display OR A/V out.

If I'm not mistaken this switch causes Canon's firmware to shut down the LCD. So I think it's possible that the hardware doesn't actually prevent us from turning on the LCD after plugging in an AV cord... maybe CHDK will be able to that one day in the distant future.

Re: a470 especial feature
« Reply #4 on: 15 / September / 2008, 11:58:06 »
is able to show at the same time the image in the display plus in the TV set through the outlet A/V.

Yes, see here Software control of LCD vs. Video Out