S95 not using the bigger partition for photos - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

S95 not using the bigger partition for photos

• 3 Replies
S95 not using the bigger partition for photos
« on: 04 / December / 2010, 13:45:23 »
Advertisements
Hi new here to this forum. I've tried searching around for a solution to my problem but I can't seem to find much on it. I know s95 is not a officially supported camera yet but i doubt this issue has anything to do with the model of my camera.

I'm a mac user and used the SDMInst application as suggested in the MAC FAQ of the wiki (http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac). I have a 8gb card so it creates two partitions in my card, one 16mb for the diskboot.bin and PS.FI2 and the rest for my photos, which is about 7plus GB.

However when I load CHDK on my s95 it only reads the 16mb partition and says I can only take 5 photos. I believe CHDK is supposed to read the diskboot.bin file from the smaller partition and use the bigger partition for my photos and videos.

I have managed to find a temp solution to this issue by moving the CHDK folder from the smaller partition to the larger one in my mac. This then allows the camera to read the bigger partition. HOWEVER, everytime i switch off the camera, it only reads the smaller partition once again. I believe the thing here that is triggering this issue is that once there is a CHDK folder in the smaller partition, it will read only that partition.

Am I doing something wrong here? Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Much thanks in advance!

Re: S95 not using the bigger partition for photos
« Reply #1 on: 04 / December / 2010, 13:56:04 »
There is a solution in the s95 porting thread that tells me to hold the power button for 2 secs so that it boots directly into the shooting mode not the preview mode.

But is there a more permanent solution?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 04 / December / 2010, 17:47:18 »
This port is not finished, you should not expect it to be fully functional.

This is related to task hooking, as I think has been discussed in the development thread.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 07 / December / 2010, 10:33:53 »
Thanks for your help. I've channeled this issue to the s95 porting thread!