SX730 HS porting thread - page 6 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX730 HS porting thread

• 56 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: SX730 HS porting thread
« Reply #50 on: 21 / October / 2020, 16:11:44 »
Advertisements
I am trying to get my version number and it seems that ver.req and vers.req method does not work at all.
So I get the dump with extend.m script.
But then I have no idea how to get the firmware version number from the script.
Help!
FWIW You can use an application like ACID http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acid.html to get the version number from exif of an image, or an application like Stick or CHIMP to prepare a card with the right tool https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

If you already made a dump, you can also get it by searching for a string starting with "Firmware Ver GM", using the strings and grep, or a hex editor or a text editor that doesn't mind binary files.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #51 on: 22 / October / 2020, 23:11:13 »
I am trying to get my version number and it seems that ver.req and vers.req method does not work at all.
So I get the dump with extend.m script.
But then I have no idea how to get the firmware version number from the script.
Help!
FWIW You can use an application like ACID http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acid.html to get the version number from exif of an image, or an application like Stick or CHIMP to prepare a card with the right tool https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

If you already made a dump, you can also get it by searching for a string starting with "Firmware Ver GM", using the strings and grep, or a hex editor or a text editor that doesn't mind binary files.

Thanks. I finally get my version number and got CHDK working.
I realize the RAW files I get is distorted.
I tried to use lightroom to correct the distortion. But even when I pull the bar all the way, it is still not completely corrected.
What software you use to correct the distortion? Is there a profile for this camera somewhere?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #52 on: 23 / October / 2020, 00:32:35 »
I tried to use lightroom to correct the distortion. But even when I pull the bar all the way, it is still not completely corrected.
What software you use to correct the distortion? Is there a profile for this camera somewhere?
FWIW, I use raw therapee with a few presets I made by eyeball at various focal lengths. But I mostly only use that camera at the long end of the zoom.

« Reply #53 on: 23 / October / 2020, 12:44:34 »
FWIW, I use raw therapee with a few presets I made by eyeball at various focal lengths. But I mostly only use that camera at the long end of the zoom.

Thanks. I will try that.

« Reply #54 on: 28 / March / 2021, 19:24:55 »
Thanks all for the work in making this port work.

Is there any chance of making "Filewrite Task" support working with this port, or is there an architectural reason this isn't working?

Thanks again!

Joe

Offline reyalp

« Reply #55 on: 29 / March / 2021, 02:51:25 »
Is there any chance of making "Filewrite Task" support working with this port, or is there an architectural reason this isn't working?
Canon changed how they write files, so filewrite task doesn't exist on this model.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible to implement remote shoot, filewrite was replaced with something else. I think a lot of it happens in task_RdWrJobExec now. I poked around that a bit, but haven't got around to really digging into it yet.

« Reply #56 on: 29 / March / 2021, 11:16:16 »
I appreciate the quick response.  I will plan my workflow accordingly.

And once again, thanks for the work on this.  Those of us out there that use CHDK appreciate all of you with the skills to make these ports.

Joe