CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 9 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies

Offline fer

Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #80 on: 28 / August / 2011, 11:40:15 »
Advertisements
Hi!
Just wanted to tell you all that I've been following the whole process for a while now and, although I doubt I can help you in any way, I've downloaded beta3 and can't wait to see the final release. Thank you Waterwingz & beta test team!!
While playing with beta3 I've seen that the original Canon histogram won't disappear when entering <ALT> mode, hiding part of the CHDK menu. Is there any way to solve this?
Again, thank you!

« Reply #81 on: 28 / August / 2011, 11:47:44 »
While playing with beta3 I've seen that the original Canon histogram won't disappear when entering <ALT> mode, hiding part of the CHDK menu. Is there any way to solve this?

I'll log it as a bug but I'm not sure if its fixable.  The obvious work around is to disable the histogram in one or both of the two configurable views in the Canon  "Custom Display" menu.  You can then enable the much more informative CHDK histogram function if you still want to see a histogram when shooting.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #82 on: 28 / August / 2011, 16:29:32 »
Any plans to make this bootable via the fw update option in the future? I'd like to be able to use cards >4GB and have the option whether or not it loads when I turn on the camera. Just curious, right now I'm just glad there is a CHDK ;)

« Reply #83 on: 28 / August / 2011, 16:45:06 »
the original Canon histogram won't disappear when entering <ALT> mode, hiding part of the CHDK menu.

Also when in Manual mode, if the exposure indicator (on the right hand) moves, it "erases" the correspondent part of the menu. But that's not a biggie...

« Reply #84 on: 28 / August / 2011, 17:02:57 »
Also when in Manual mode, if the exposure indicator (on the right hand) moves, it "erases" the correspondent part of the menu. But that's not a biggie...
Its all relative. Prior to the latest versions,  the <ALT> menu was almost unusable in every camera model in shooting mode. Almost every movement in the background image would make the menu dissappear.  So compared to that, we are doing pretty well.

« Reply #85 on: 29 / August / 2011, 04:34:26 »
You can use 'raw develop' in camera to create a jpeg from the merged raw.

Tried that, but I get the message: Please switch camera to record mode and take one shot.

Yep: from the manual:
Raw Develop (for RAW files created with CHDK, not the Canon native RAW of some cameras) Main Menu > RAW Parameters > RAW Develop
Another feature from CHDK developer ewavr. This allows you to select any RAW file on your SD card and then process it into a JPG file so that you may view it in your camera. Exceptionally handy after using any of the RAW Merge features so you can see the result without the need of a computer and extra RAW processing software.
Choose "RAW Develop" and a file-browser is displayed. Navigate to the RAW file that you want to process into a JPG file. After pressing SET to select your file, you will be asked to "Switch Camera to Record Mode and take one shot." Press SET again to back out of this menu, then use the <ALT> toggle button to exit <ALT> mode. Press the shutter button. Instead of taking an image, it will take that selected RAW file and now make a JPG file from it. It will be named according to whatever last JPG filename is in that folder and increment it by 1. Keep in mind that the EXIF data on this new JPG file will not reflect the original RAW file. It will use whatever camera settings were available at the time that you take the RAW Developing Shot for the resulting EXIF data.
Note: RAW file-saving must be turned ON for this feature to work. If RAW is not turned on, or you select a JPG file for "developing", then no action will take place.

« Reply #86 on: 29 / August / 2011, 08:05:18 »
 So i got an G10 1.02a
 The Beta3 doean`t work.
I;ve format the 1 Gb card as Fat 16
made it bootable
copied the Data on it
made the Cards writeprotect and pressed the On Button
never works, exepted Card ist write protected sxmbol.
I did it several Times .
On my Ixus 850 it works well, but on my G10 never
What do I made wrong?

« Reply #87 on: 29 / August / 2011, 09:03:06 »
So i got an G10 1.02a
 The Beta3 doean`t work.
The 1.02a beta 3 for the G10 works, as documented by many users and myself.   So that leaves something in your process.

First of all, are you sure you have a 1.02A ?  The very first thing the boot loader does is turn on the Blue LED on the print button. This should happen if the camera tries to boot from the card even if your firmware version is wrong.  Do you see the Blue LED blink ?

Otherwise, it sounds like you have not really made the SD card bootable.  Can you use that card in your IXUS850 (with CHDK for that camera) and have it boot correctly ?

« Reply #88 on: 30 / August / 2011, 05:09:33 »
« Last Edit: 30 / August / 2011, 05:15:03 by Askan2 »

« Reply #89 on: 30 / August / 2011, 10:58:08 »