64 camera project (was Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt) - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

64 camera project (was Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt)

• 3 Replies
64 camera project (was Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt)
« on: 19 / November / 2015, 07:05:57 »
Advertisements
Hi, everybody!

I'm trying to setup a rig using 64 ixus160. And can't figure out how to automatically download photos from each of the camera.
And most importantly have all photos with unique ID's so I know which camera took exact photo.
I'm using Linux with raspberry and usbptp.lua (attached). Does anybody crossed this problem in the past?
Could you share your thoughts on how to fix it, please. Or maybe somebody already wrote a script for that, would be great if I can have a look at it!)
Thank you in advance!

Offline mphx

Re: 64 camera project (was Re: IXUS160/ELPH160 Porting attempt)
« Reply #1 on: 19 / November / 2015, 08:59:46 »
Hi, everybody!

I'm trying to setup a rig using 64 ixus160. And can't figure out how to automatically download photos from each of the camera.
And most importantly have all photos with unique ID's so I know which camera took exact photo.
I'm using Linux with raspberry and usbptp.lua (attached). Does anybody crossed this problem in the past?
Could you share your thoughts on how to fix it, please. Or maybe somebody already wrote a script for that, would be great if I can have a look at it!)
Thank you in advance!

I don't know what software you are using to "handle" the cameras , but all these are easily done with reyalp's chdkptp commands.
Chdkptp can work on linux although requires some packages installed that some of them might be a pain in the a$$ to install by hand.
As soon as you have chdkptp installed up and running , pm me to tell you how all these are done , since we have implemented these functions on our 64-cam rig and working for some months now.

EDIT : If you use hardware-trigger to trigger all the cameras ...its pointless for such concept..usb (software) triggering offers good enough sync to the cameras for concenpts like 3d scanning/shooting...and this job can be easily done by connecting all cameras to usb ports of some pc and triggering all of them using chdkptp.
In few words you can use chdkptp for all parts of the shooting...sync-shooting-downloading photos etc etc etc
« Last Edit: 19 / November / 2015, 10:44:47 by mphx »

« Reply #2 on: 19 / November / 2015, 12:12:12 »
Hi, everybody!

Thank you in advance!

I don't know what software you are using to "handle" the cameras , but all these are easily done with reyalp's chdkptp commands.
Chdkptp can work on linux although requires some packages installed that some of them might be a pain in the a$$ to install by hand.
As soon as you have chdkptp installed up and running , pm me to tell you how all these are done , since we have implemented these functions on our 64-cam rig and working for some months now.

EDIT : If you use hardware-trigger to trigger all the cameras ...its pointless for such concept..usb (software) triggering offers good enough sync to the cameras for concenpts like 3d scanning/shooting...and this job can be easily done by connecting all cameras to usb ports of some pc and triggering all of them using chdkptp.
In few words you can use chdkptp for all parts of the shooting...sync-shooting-downloading photos etc etc etc
Hi, everybody!

Thank you in advance!

Just installed chdkptp and sent pm, really looking forward to understand next steps, please advise. Thanks!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 19 / November / 2015, 16:05:08 »
FWIW, I provide pre-built rasberry pi binaries on https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

The CLI binaries don't require anything not available through the rasbian package system. The GUI binaries require the chdkptp-raspbian-libs-... package from the files area.
Don't forget what the H stands for.