SX200IS chdk beta using Ultra Intervalometer screws the camera - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

SX200IS chdk beta using Ultra Intervalometer screws the camera

• 4 Replies
SX200IS chdk beta using Ultra Intervalometer screws the camera
« on: 24 / December / 2009, 04:28:18 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I just bought a SX200IS to play with chdk and so far it looks good. I use the beta firmware and encountered some issues.
Most of those are related to scripts.

If I load the Ultra Intervalometer script my camera will behave very strange. Even if i dont start the script using the shutter. After loading the script the menu still works but if I want to select a new script in the menu I cant open the window that allows you to select the script. After that most of the menu stops working and also the hardware keys. In some cases even the power butten stops working. To fix this I need to remove the battery.. but somehow it looks like CHDK remembered my setting because after powerup it reloads the script and causing the same problems if when try to load a different script. The fix is to remove the script from the SD card and pull out the battery.

Anyone here experienced the same problem and knows a fix on how to use the script on a SX200is ?

Offline OldGit

Re: SX200IS chdk beta using Ultra Intervalometer screws the camera
« Reply #1 on: 24 / December / 2009, 05:33:43 »
@diffz,
welcome,
take a look at this
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4611.msg44570.html#msg44570
Maybe the same / similar problem.

If not please let know what version of the script you are running.
OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

« Reply #2 on: 24 / December / 2009, 06:12:38 »
The problems I am experiencing are different then from that post. He can still use the camera but gets the empty file list. I cant even get the software to open the file list it looks like i never pressed the button. Also my camera actually stops working the menu doesn't respond.. hardware buttons like the program dial doesnt respond and sometimes the power button doesnt work.The only thing which keeps working (if i remember correctly) is the live view in the backgound. I use the most recent version of the interval script found on the user scripts page on the chdk wiki.

Not related but another issue was when I used a HDR script which supposed to change the ev settings (after I opend the ev menu) but it change my flash and macro settings. I guess thats because of the fact the sx200 uses a rotating dial to change the ev settings and not the macro (left) and flash(right) button.

Offline OldGit

« Reply #3 on: 24 / December / 2009, 06:55:50 »
@diffz,
I am at work at the moment but I can take a look later.
The post I referred to had success when he used the first version of the script NOT the latest one.
You may want to try that first version.

Also, make sure that you delete the config file for CHDK, this can become corrupted after a crash.
OldGit
SX200 IS-100C

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #4 on: 24 / December / 2009, 07:51:21 »
@diffz
Also make sure there are only 8.3-style (aka old DOS) filenames on your card, the DryOS driven cameras sometimes stumbles over long filenames...

I suggest to format the card & install a fresh copy of CHDK; then you should try the sample scripts
from one of the "full" CHDK packages (also available online directly from the SVN server here).

Some of the scripts from the wikia are old & don't work on all cameras, especially those scripts which use emulated key
presses - the key sequences are often different between the cameras, also the timing (with the sleep command) and other settings...  ;)

You could try those intervalometer scripts: