Ixus 55 / SD450: First beta version of CHDK port available for 1.00B and 1.00C - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Ixus 55 / SD450: First beta version of CHDK port available for 1.00B and 1.00C

• 82 Replies
Advertisements
Hi,

In my experience most functions work, but I am having lots of problems with the script as you can see and as you can see from the response above it seems a solution is not in the wings. However the other functions such as RAW work....

ANYONE got a camera to recommend that does work?

I successfully installed the latest build on my Ixus 55 and it works fine - except the scripting part when "shoot" is being used, just as synaptic reported above.

Are there any news on this issue? I was so looking forward to do timelapse movies.

Thanks!

I used the 1.00B port in an SD450 (I received as a hand-me-down) that reported firmware 1.00A. Most things seem to be working fine. Still testing everything.

I had the same problem with the shoot commands in scripts. I edited the Ultra Intervalometer script by replacing the --shoot-- commands with --click "shoot_full"-- (Ignore the  "--", just there to separate off the commands) and it's working.

I am having trouble with the bracketing, however. With Ev bracketing, the first shot is fine, subsequent shots are way overexposed. This is true for all bracketing types. There is some change in exposure, but they're all overexposed. ISO bracketing just hangs the camera. Still playing with this in an attempt to get it working. Looking to do some HDR experiments.

Could be mismatched firmware, of course, but I'm pretty happy with the stuff that is working.

Ah, silly me... I had downloaded the "StereoData" build. Now, I've go the regular "AllBest" 1.00B build and the bracketing is now working great! Ditto the histogram, which was broken in the StereoData build for the IXUS55.

Hm, I can't get it working, even with click "shoot_full".
Can you perhaps post the script you used? Thanks!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Hm, I can't get it working, even with click "shoot_full".
Can you perhaps post the script you used? Thanks!
Have you tried the latest Autobuild version ?
You can also try to insert a line with     sleep 100    after each command, this was somewhere reportetd to be helpfull...

Hi! (My first post, I just realized this morning this fw exists...)

I installed 1.00d-version to my IXUS 55, by copying the two files to root-folder in my SD-card.

I works, but when I try to lock my SD-card, it won't allow me to take photos, the card stays locked. Otherwise everything is working ok.

What could be the problem?

Nevermind, I got it working!

I just formatted my SD-card in camera, now I can lock the card and CHDK is automatically on.

This is very very nice!

For those that are still having interval scripting problems. I was in the same boat until about an hour ago.

On the translated google page link shown below a very nice German guy going by the name of pterozaurus posted the following script which worked for me:

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.wirklemms.de/chdk/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D337%26postdays%3D0%26postorder%3Dasc%26start%3D0%26sid%3D5123bcf30c656d0e30101e70dc4d45e6&usg=ALkJrhiLS1Ej_i6HVJm7_M4gIzr_JGAwXA

Code: [Select]
rem Datei: intervall-foto.bas
rem Zweck: mehrere Fotos hintereinander aufnehmen

@title Intervall-Fotografie

@param a Zahl der Aufnahmen
@default a 10
@param b Intervall (min)
@default b 0
@param c Intervall (sec)
@default c 10

t=b*60000+c*1000

if a<2 then let a=10
if t<1000 then let t=1000

print "Gesamtzeit:", t*a/60000, "min", t*a%60000/1000, "sec"

sleep 1000

print "Aufnahme 1 von", a
press "shoot_half"
sleep 1000
press "shoot_full"
sleep 1000
release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"
sleep 500
for n=2 to a
    print "Warte", b, "min", c, "sec"
    sleep t
    print "Aufnahme", n, "von", a
    press "shoot_half"
    sleep 1000
    press "shoot_full"
    sleep 1000
    release "shoot_full"
    release "shoot_half"
sleep 500
next n

end

synaptic hope the balloon experiment went well. Any chance of posting some photos?

Cheers,
Rob
« Last Edit: 11 / August / 2008, 17:48:16 by ee41rr »

Re: Ixus 55 / SD450: First beta version of CHDK port available for 1.00B and 1.0
« Reply #79 on: 05 / September / 2008, 07:45:43 »
« Last Edit: 05 / September / 2008, 10:35:11 by borrel »