500d development - page 28 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #270 on: 22 / February / 2011, 11:29:35 »
Advertisements
Any chance the intervalometer will be made good for manual mode? AV or TV mode causes "time lapse flicker." Give it a try, you'll see what I mean with your first time-lapse vid.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #271 on: 22 / February / 2011, 12:58:23 »
Where can we downloaded the latest source code from? I kind of want to start picking through it, I'm curious what goes on behind the scenes.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

alins

« Reply #272 on: 22 / February / 2011, 13:21:24 »
Where can we downloaded the latest source code from? I kind of want to start picking through it, I'm curious what goes on behind the scenes.

here: https://bitbucket.org/alins/magic-lantern-for-500d

alins

« Reply #273 on: 22 / February / 2011, 13:22:23 »
Any chance the intervalometer will be made good for manual mode? AV or TV mode causes "time lapse flicker." Give it a try, you'll see what I mean with your first time-lapse vid.

i will try my best to look into this in the next few days

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #274 on: 22 / February / 2011, 15:30:20 »
hey alins one thing i've noticed already just browsing through the code:
in consts-500d.110.h, the SENSOR_RES_X and SENSOR_RES_Y constants correspond to the 18mp sensor in the 550d, the 500d's sensor is only 15mp so these values should be changed. I only found one reference to these two constants in shoot.c at lines 443 and 444.

Not sure exactly what that will affect, but it's something that should be corrected. I've been trying to figure out why trap focus only gives an autofocus beep instead of actually taking a picture.

I wish I could get this to compile, I tired setting it up on my macbook all day but failed, I really wish I could be testing this myself instead of just reporting to you  :(

oh, also at line 38 in shoot.c:
CONFIG_INT( "audio.release.level", audio_release_level, 700);
This looks like the threshold setting for the audio release routine, if you made another setting in the menu for it then you could implement a threshold setting this way (to make it more or less sensitive).

edit (9:24pm EST):
FINALLY got the code to compile for me. I'll start testing things out for your alin and let you if I find anything! I'm deathly afraid that doing the hg command is going to over write your code on the server if I'm not careful (when I need to re-pull the code back down), am I just being paranoid or is this something that could possibly happen?
« Last Edit: 22 / February / 2011, 21:25:22 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #275 on: 22 / February / 2011, 23:12:09 »
Looks like a menu setting for audio triggering will work, changing the trigger level setting in shoot.c does affect how easily it's triggered (the lower the number, the higher the threshold before shooting). All you'd have to do is implement a new setting for it in shoot.c.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #276 on: 23 / February / 2011, 07:38:07 »
For Mac, see also http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/2.0.4_Building_ML

(besides http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Build_instructions/550D )

You can adjust sensitivity of audio release by changing the volume in audio menu.

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #277 on: 23 / February / 2011, 09:19:44 »
For Mac, see also http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/2.0.4_Building_ML

(besides http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Build_instructions/550D )

You can adjust sensitivity of audio release by changing the volume in audio menu.
trust me i tried getting it to work, there's a couple different guides for mac written. now my macbook's path variable is all screwy and there's lots of packages installed I don't need. I ended up getting it to work on my computer at work on windows 7 with cygwin. I just use remote desktop to play with things when I'm not at the office now.

By the way, I kept having issues with fonts not building right. I couldn't figure it out, just that it kept overwriting the font-*.o files with blanks. I commented out lines 262-281 in the make file and it's built fine since. I wonder what the issue is? I read something about it on the ML wiki but they said it could have been a date/time issue, but my date/time are fine?

weird..who knows.
« Last Edit: 23 / February / 2011, 10:00:58 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #278 on: 23 / February / 2011, 10:19:41 »
It seems to happen when you don't have bigtext (which is difficult to setup).

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #279 on: 23 / February / 2011, 10:41:23 »
It seems to happen when you don't have bigtext (which is difficult to setup).
I couldn't find any more info on what exactly bigtext is. It was weird because sometimes it would compile and sometimes it wouldn't.. commenting out those lines seemed to fix it and I haven't had any issues since.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr