500d development - page 31 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum  

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #300 on: 24 / February / 2011, 11:34:19 »
Advertisements
24fps as I said before, right now i have no clue if it's even possible

if I'm not mistaken 5DMK2 has only 30p originally but canon made an update that makes the camera shoot @ 24p.  so I think its possible... the only question is how...
« Last Edit: 24 / February / 2011, 11:42:14 by bjacklee »

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #301 on: 24 / February / 2011, 11:47:18 »
Guys - I know we are all waiting in eagerness for manual exposure control in video and possibly more framreate options, but right now that's getting too far ahead of things. We still need to make the small things work, like fitting menus on the screen, making fonts fit on the menus, making the menus clear the screen completely and not leave remnants behind (like it does now), etc.

Once the firmware is stable, then we can start to look forward to addon features like previously mentioned.

I think I might have found a memory address for the focus state, well I've found a few actually. Using mem spy I've found the following:
14c63
14c3c
14c60

it's usually in the format: 14c60:##:###### or whatever, the first 2 numbers seem to increment when the shutter button is pressed half way and autofocuses, then increments again when the button is let up. The second set of numbers switches between 2 values (usually different on different times). I've seen the same behavior from those 3 addresses so far. I don't know if this has any significance for anything (not sure if you guys have all the memory addresses yet), but I'm just throwing out there some findings.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #302 on: 24 / February / 2011, 12:00:34 »
i have tried loading ML on my T1i 3 times now..
something is not happening correctly.

just to be sure: have you used this installation instructions: http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/500D#Installation_-_Only_For_Canon_Firmware_1.1.0 ?

first you have to make your card bootable, second copy the fir file on it (make sure you use the correct FIR file) and start the camera. You should see a message that the boot flags have been set. stop the camera, delete the fir file (you don't need this one anymore) and copy all the files from alpha08 build on the card. start the camera, wait a couple of seconds and press the trash button...you should see the ML menu.

post here if you managed to make it work or not

Ah sounds good :) Will try it after my exams ( a little caught up at the moment ).
I guess I missed the boot flag part- as I omitted the step thinking it's only for T2i.

I will edit the wiki once I'm done ( that is successfully tried this out ) so that one doesn't have to go to the T2i page, if that's okay with you guys.

Thanks again.
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - What a  DSLR.

« Reply #303 on: 24 / February / 2011, 12:04:23 »

if I'm not mistaken 5DMK2 has only 30p originally but canon made an update that makes the camera shoot @ 24p.  so I think its possible... the only question is how...

Canon lowered the frame rate ?  :blink: Why would they do that ?  ::)  ???

Guys, take your time. no hurries ! And thanks for all the progress till now.

« Reply #304 on: 24 / February / 2011, 12:09:52 »
a diff on the 2 firmwares could help show whether it was a big (code) or small (data) change.
maybe too simplistic, but worth a shot.
Canon 500d

« Reply #305 on: 24 / February / 2011, 12:12:18 »
if I'm not mistaken 5DMK2 has only 30p originally but canon made an update that makes the camera shoot @ 24p.  so I think its possible... the only question is how...
Canon lowered the frame rate ?  :blink: Why would they do that ?  ::)  ???
Guys, take your time. no hurries ! And thanks for all the progress till now.
24p frame rate is very important for film makers... :) it will give a film look to your video. you may try checking this link... http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki
« Last Edit: 24 / February / 2011, 12:13:53 by bjacklee »

« Reply #306 on: 24 / February / 2011, 12:15:25 »
I see. I was not aware of that  :-[
Thanks  :)

« Reply #307 on: 24 / February / 2011, 13:01:02 »
"covered" in the sense of how to do it - not yet.

No, not in a sense in how to do it, but obviously everyone involved with hacking the 500D right now is aware that this is a desired feature, so additional posts requesting this feature are not very helpful going forward.

It's been asked about previously in this thread and responded to --- so why would someone ask for it again just to get the same answer?

« Reply #308 on: 24 / February / 2011, 15:08:17 »
i asked because the firmware patching is a separate task to the add ons - at least thats the
way I thought it would happen. maybe a separate menu task can start recording at 24p as
well, but i think a patch on the existing code would be more likely.

in theory both can be worked on in parallel - if someone had an idea on tackling it.
Canon 500d

« Reply #309 on: 24 / February / 2011, 15:37:04 »
I have Created/Edited the 500D Installation, Link Here http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/500D/T1i_Installation
(Updated Link)
and i attached a ZIP file of the Fir so that people dont have to use 7zip to extract the previous archived Fir
« Last Edit: 24 / February / 2011, 16:20:28 by aznguy »