500d development - page 80 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #790 on: 22 / April / 2011, 19:22:12 »
Advertisements
thank you all for your dedicated and tireless work.
the issues page on wiki doesnt seem to me to be organized in order of build, as far as issues go, so...
 i guess i get the responses to 30fps comments. if we can get a bitrate of say, 60mbs or more, our footage is of exceptional quality and when encoded into say apple ProRes422 @ 24fps for use in FCP this footage can equal or surpass the quality of footage shot on more expensive cameras with native 24fps. im really glad ive got the editing software i do, im guessing not everyone has Final Cut Pro, which is why we all want these functions native. this build seems very noisy... im laughing right now because i just now understood play button changes values.... um.... ill finish this post after more testing...
thanks
xi

« Reply #791 on: 22 / April / 2011, 19:23:46 »
ps thanks Coutts

Offline Jamez

« Reply #792 on: 22 / April / 2011, 20:19:53 »
@ rootsxi the issues page your refering to refer to the latest build only as it was just added recently.
Theres no point in having issues per build unless things want to get really complicated (unecessarily so IMO).
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #793 on: 22 / April / 2011, 20:54:52 »
Not quite sure what you are saying Jamez but I do think the Bitbucket issues page (https://bitbucket.org/alins/magic-lantern-for-500d/issues ) needs some cleaning as many of those issues are from older builds. I'm going through to see if any of those issues have occurred in later builds.

« Reply #794 on: 22 / April / 2011, 21:50:43 »
Hyperdeck Shuttle see link below.  This might affect which features you prioritize or implement in the near future?  There is the possibility of recording 1080i60 or 480p60 uncompressed from T1i.  The highest Q scale possible, uncompressed!  Faster frame rate.  Maybe this is easier than in Firmware?  The negative is the cost.  I will have a test unit to experiment with soon.

http://vimeo.com/groups/magiclantern/forumthread:239908

« Reply #795 on: 22 / April / 2011, 21:53:58 »
thanks guys.
here are a few issues
intervalometer stops and crashes camera after something like 20-30 shots
magic zoom that i saw looking so cool on a t2i doesnt seem to be working
menu isnt stable yet... hopefully the stubs Coutts is looking for solve this and other issues as he had hoped
is there going to be a new build based on the stuff from indy?
thanks
roots

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #796 on: 22 / April / 2011, 22:05:47 »
thanks guys.
here are a few issues
intervalometer stops and crashes camera after something like 20-30 shots
magic zoom that i saw looking so cool on a t2i doesnt seem to be working
menu isnt stable yet... hopefully the stubs Coutts is looking for solve this and other issues as he had hoped
is there going to be a new build based on the stuff from indy?
thanks
roots
soon. i have trap focus almost working.. i found the right values for focus confirmation and af_press for the constants file, but now lcd trigger doesn't work.

trap focus works, (it takes a picture as soon as it receives focus), but the camera crashes with the led on and it never saves a picture. lcd triggering does this too.. odd.

indy's code didn't change anything stability wise - it is just a better way to organize some code, which I implemented. New constants in the constants file (for cstart, bss_end, etc, they were in 5d-hack.c before directly). Also I got rid of 5d-hack.c and made it 500d-hack.c (similar to how it's being done on the 60d).

edit:
looks like adapting indy's code did mess with something - that seems to be what's causing trap focus / lcd triggering not to work. reversing everything back to  the old way.
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2011, 22:25:29 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline utnuc

« Reply #797 on: 22 / April / 2011, 22:38:24 »
The beta ML release looks awesome, kudos Coutts.

I wonder if finding the correct focus confirmation and af_press values will help rack focus...  I thought I was making some progress there, but I'm pretty sure there are one or 2 focus stubs that are holding it back. 

I tried rewriting the rack focus section using the lens_info.focus_dist values, but they are horribly inaccurate.  There must be some other finely tuned variable describing focus point.

Regarding focus peaking, it's interesting that it sorta kinda is trying to work.  Hopefully we can get someone to look at yuv422 stuff, as I think this is a cool feature.

And yes, magic focus would be an awesome feature to have.  I might look at some of that code for a bit and see if I can make heads or tails of it.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #798 on: 23 / April / 2011, 01:54:31 »
New Release - v1.2 Beta
- fixed menu fonts, everything fits nicer now
- updated info/about screen
- fixed issue with review mode and not being able to take pictures
- fixed consts values for focus confirmation/shutter half press (trap focus related)
- trap focus now working
- HDR bracketing appears to be working now, not sure if it was or not before.

Try it out guys, let me know if you find anything else that works/doesn't  :)
« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2011, 02:03:59 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #799 on: 23 / April / 2011, 02:10:50 »
yay first to download, thanks Coutts. You are awesome!