• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: 500d development
« Reply #850 on: 01 / May / 2011, 22:45:22 »
Advertisements
Magic Lantern for 500d v1.4 Beta
New in this version:
- ability to toggle live view exposure sim
- silent pics almost work - need lv buffer address / pitch / height. saves files now though and works with half shutter (in live view)
- fixed config autosave toggle (FIO_RemoveFile stub was wrong, thank you alex)
- added back old shutter speed values for ML menu - full selection from bulb mode to 1/4000th now
- menus are now just about perfected. only flickers while metering (couple seconds max), then it's stable.
- ported back old gui_main_task code that was decompiled from 500d dump (not sure if fixed anything but good to have)
- ported some vram stuff in zebra.c, closer to having focus peaking / silent pics working. need some miracle help still.

well try this version out guys, tell me what works and what doesn't. I thank everybdoy who donates, it really feels good knowing I'm helping this many people!!

Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #851 on: 01 / May / 2011, 23:59:48 »
I thank everybdoy who donates, it really feels good knowing I'm helping this many people!!
Does this mean that you'll be sharing equally with all coders and documentation authors from the whole CHDK project that have come before you?

Hint: This is why donations have never been allowed. It wasn't fair to everyone involved since day 1. But apparently that means little.

Offline Jamez

« Reply #852 on: 02 / May / 2011, 00:10:48 »
Nice coutts, Alex`s and your paypal donation buttons are now on the wiki, 1.4 build also added, any chance of the source being updated when you release a new build please?7

@NewbieToobie I think your comments are a little harsh, where do you draw a line? Did the guy who start this project donate to Canon when they released important stuff to him to enable to start this project, I doubt it. Do we donate to Takeshi Mitarai, Goro Yoshida, Saburo Uchida and Takeo Maeda who started Canon in the 1930s? I understand that this is why its easier to say no donations, but no one is forcing anyone to donate, and some people just want to say thanks to Coutts/Alex/Others who have spent a lot of time on the project, I see nothing wrong with it personally. If someone has a problem in recognising that someone has spent a lot of their time on something, and without them it would be no where, thats there problem IMHO, to quote one of your own posts "Looks like I'll have to wait for V3". Having worked in open source projects before, I can assure you that the number of donations received will be almost none, and working in McDonalds is much more profitable from a finanical point of view. Im sure your well aware that CHDK and ML are actually very very different. Theres no need for green eyed monsters here :(

PS Coutts, 3 builds ago focus peaking was close to working, but has subsequently been changed to be worse, maybe this gives you a clue as to what to change.
« Last Edit: 02 / May / 2011, 00:30:14 by Jamez »
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #853 on: 02 / May / 2011, 00:19:28 »
I thank everybdoy who donates, it really feels good knowing I'm helping this many people!!
Does this mean that you'll be sharing equally with all coders and documentation authors from the whole CHDK project that have come before you?

Hint: This is why donations have never been allowed. It wasn't fair to everyone involved since day 1. But apparently that means little.
Donations are optional, I was even hesitant to give out my paypal at first, stating that all of the coders before me deserved more credit than me. I'm not asking for any donations, if I was in this for donations/money, or anything more than the greater interest of everybody, I wouldn't have hundreds of hours logged working on it.

I thank Trammell for making magic lantern free and open source. I'm sorry if anybody is offended, but believe me I am not motivated by promise of profit.

Nice coutts, Alex`s and your paypal donation buttons are now on the wiki, 1.4 build also added, any chance of the source being updated when you release a new build please?7
i've updated the source quite a lot recently, it's now up to date for v1.4:
https://bitbucket.org/alins/magic-lantern-for-500d
« Last Edit: 02 / May / 2011, 00:28:40 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #854 on: 02 / May / 2011, 00:28:23 »
I'm not asking for any donations, if I was in this for donations/money, or anything more than the greater interest of everybody, I wouldn't have hundreds of hours logged working on it.
Then I guess you'll have no problems sharing proportionately with those who have put THOUSANDS of hours into all that is CHDK today. Or, remove your paypal address. Simple choices, no?

Offline Jamez

« Reply #855 on: 02 / May / 2011, 00:31:20 »
It was me that added them Newbie, and you need to know that its not actually based on CHDK all that much, so your comment is not really valid, I suggest you look at any of the ML videos and not jump to conclusions. I think its fine to leave them there.
« Last Edit: 02 / May / 2011, 01:02:37 by Jamez »
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #856 on: 02 / May / 2011, 02:53:59 »
I think it's no biggie to take off the link, anyone that wants to donate can figure out how to give to people without such ties anyways. Lesson learned- PM the paypal so it doesn't offend those such as NewbieToobie. To quote the ML main wikia page "Magic Lantern has been developed by independent film makers in our spare time and at risk to our beloved cameras. We hope that it saves you time and aggravation on set, and we'd appreciate your support. You can help is through donating via PayPal, wishlists or through equipment donations. You can also contact me via email." The problem I have is the paypal goes to paying for the "MagicLantern on the Canon 5D Mark II" which is great, however not my camera. So...yeah I'll put my money wherever I choose. Now can we get back to real discussion about the 500d development? Your build looks great Coutts, can't wait to test the gamut of it's features ;)

« Reply #857 on: 02 / May / 2011, 03:10:38 »
Coutts deserves it... people saying negative things about it is not helping... Cmon guys, lets motivate our developers... ML for 500d wont progress without them...
@Coutts, I just downloaded you latest release, I havent tested it yet but this weekend I'll be uploading another test video... Thanks a lot Coutts! ur the man!

« Reply #858 on: 02 / May / 2011, 03:19:08 »
@pat_loonytoon, hows your external mic going on? Ive been planning to modify mine too... I hope I wont damage my 500d... lol!

« Reply #859 on: 02 / May / 2011, 03:23:53 »
my external one is going great. I just shot some more video today, need to edit it but yeah ML seems to help in getting the input just how I want it. The stuff needed to do it is super easy to get. Just don't F up your camera though ;) Make sure you watch some videos of how to do it or follow a guide to be sure.