« Reply #950 on: 05 / May / 2011, 15:28:31 »
Advertisements
This code locks the exposure in 550D, when movie mode is set to auto:
Code: [Select]
void xx_test(void* priv)
{
SW1(1,0);
}

To use it, put AF on * button, then hit "Don't click me" after starting recording. To unlock the exposure (and be able to use other buttons), half-press the shutter button.

Offline utnuc

Re: 500d development
« Reply #951 on: 05 / May / 2011, 20:24:00 »
not sure how long it was working, my mind has been on the manual video control so much i never really checked, but rack focus and follow focus seem to work very nice 8]

Nice pickup, although rack focus does not work the same as on the 550D.  To use: you have to set the focus using the follow focus buttons, not the "zoom out" button.  Be sure to keep your focus speed set to something low (7 or less) for small distances and narrow DOF for fine control of focus.  Now that some of the focus code is up and working, I'm gonna take another look at focus.c and try to see how it works.  (This is definitely one step closer to adding a microfocus adjustment function). 

« Reply #952 on: 05 / May / 2011, 20:33:03 »
Nice pickup, although rack focus does not work the same as on the 550D.  To use: you have to set the focus using the follow focus buttons, not the "zoom out" button.  Be sure to keep your focus speed set to something low (7 or less) for small distances and narrow DOF for fine control of focus.  Now that some of the focus code is up and working, I'm gonna take another look at focus.c and try to see how it works.  (This is definitely one step closer to adding a microfocus adjustment function). 

I've been noticing it missing my focus, but I wasn't paying attention to the speed, I'm going to try again and pay attention to speed and see how good it nails the focus. But it's looking real good so far! Good job everyone!

Offline utnuc

« Reply #953 on: 05 / May / 2011, 20:53:49 »
One bug I found with it, at least with my Sigma lens: rack focus won't work until after I do a shutter half-press.  The values for DOF Near/Far and Hyperfocal also remain 0 until I do the half-press.  Otherwise it seems accurate if a small focus speed it used.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #954 on: 06 / May / 2011, 13:28:13 »
i too noticed some issues with rack focus. i wonder if it's just a problem with the sigma 30mm f/1.4 :-/
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #955 on: 06 / May / 2011, 13:37:47 »
i like how it works, but i only use the kit lens and a 75-300mm canon lens

« Reply #956 on: 06 / May / 2011, 16:07:46 »
I can't say for sure cause I don't know exactly how it's supposed to work, but it appears as if mine is working with both kit lens's. I have noticed it's missed focus a lot no matter the focus speed, It will nail focus on either the near OR far, but not both? I am taking responsibility on that till I can play with it more, but I think there may be a issue there?  

Don't mind the audio but here is a video showing it miss it's NEAR focus point.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BPp4SsCzSw#
« Last Edit: 06 / May / 2011, 16:17:19 by rebelT1i »

« Reply #957 on: 06 / May / 2011, 16:48:59 »
Before watching the video I thought you were mentioning the audio because of the lens focus sound lol. Good stuff though, haven't heard that song in years. I like the look of the rack focus though.

« Reply #958 on: 06 / May / 2011, 21:01:41 »
LOL, I almost made a stinky in my pants out of excitement, lol, I set up a prop request for PROP_SHOOTING_MODE and set it to 3 which is for Manual Mode, well, while in MOVIE MODE, I pressed the debug menu I set up for it, I then when back to lcd to play with it, I Pressed record button and it started recording fine, then I stopped recording to see if I can change all my settings, thats when I almost made a stinky, lol, all control were adjustable, but then I noticed, they were not effecting the exposure at all, so dang 8[ its kinda like remap to a-dep, but when you remap to a-dep you can't change no settings so thats why I tried it this way. 8/ Oh well, would be could if the settings actually effected the exposure especially since you can change them in MOVIE MODE this way.
« Last Edit: 06 / May / 2011, 21:35:14 by mk11174 »

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #959 on: 07 / May / 2011, 00:46:19 »
there's live view, shooting and movie mode i think for that property. i tried htis the other day too, except every video just buffered out for some reason and it was distorted / laggy. the screen displays 30fps too (even if recording at 20fps like at 1080p), that's just the fps for live view i think.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr