500d development - page 131 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1300 on: 28 / May / 2011, 10:54:41 »
Advertisements
Something weird is going on on my camera with that build.
ML menu doesnt want to appear.
When i turn on my camera, ML loads, i can see ML stuff like "flash ON", the time etc.. but when i press the trash button nothing happens except the audiometer that appears.
I took off the battery. Same issue.

I had the no show ML menu to on the fullscreen repos one first time, it flashed at boot up and pressing trash did not make it come up then after pressing the menu button the canon menu came up, i then pressed menu again and when i turned canon menu off there was ML menu, dont know if this is the same problem, but just in case, but since then I dont have any issues, just my first time loading the new repos compile.

« Reply #1301 on: 28 / May / 2011, 11:04:41 »
the problem is kinda the same, to make the menu show up, i need to press the trash button and then the canon menu.
is that normal ?

and i have the same issue than coutts, the focus peaking is offset.

« Reply #1302 on: 28 / May / 2011, 11:31:58 »
the problem is kinda the same, to make the menu show up, i need to press the trash button and then the canon menu.
is that normal ?

and i have the same issue than coutts, the focus peaking is offset.

Its not normal i am sure, but since its still in beta Im sure its just the usual glitch that now we brought it up will eventually be looked at, thats why we post 8] I wasnt to suprised, it seems everytime something gets added theres a new bug, but in the end it will all work out and be fixed. Its always risky testing this kinda stuff, we just have to be prepared for bugs and post them for the developers. And yes, focus peaking is off on mine as well just like Coutts picture he posted earlier, just another thing I know he is hoping to figure out sooner or later.

« Reply #1303 on: 28 / May / 2011, 11:46:36 »
oh dont worry i know it's beta software :)
i was just wondering, it could have been the "new" normal behavior. Cause aside from that, it works well. The new full screen menu looks good, and it seems really stable.

« Reply #1304 on: 28 / May / 2011, 11:48:23 »
oh dont worry i know it's beta software :)
i was just wondering, it could have been the "new" normal behavior. Cause aside from that, it works well. The new full screen menu looks good, and it seems really stable.

I know right!!! the fullscreen is really nice and solid on there, very nice for sure 8]

« Reply #1305 on: 28 / May / 2011, 12:15:25 »
sometimes when i take a picture the quick review is black and there's a picture of a little white key at the top of the screen, then going into play mode it works fine (i can see the picture), but can't delete pictures. re making the autoexec.bin seems to fix it.

I finally had this happen, I was taking pictures in movie mode forgetting I was in movie mode and I saw a black screen with some display at top with a key symbol also, I took a few more wondering if my exposure was not right cause I was inside just messing around, then I switced to Manual mode, same thing, would not show in play either, just a total black screen, but all was fixed simply turning cam off then on again, and so far I have not been able to reproduce the glitch.
« Last Edit: 28 / May / 2011, 12:17:16 by mk11174 »

« Reply #1306 on: 28 / May / 2011, 13:19:52 »
Skype me if you want to see what I've done with your latest build.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #1307 on: 28 / May / 2011, 13:30:07 »
got magic zoom, focus peaking, etc etc working in all movie modes :)

just gonna fix up afew more things and then it'll be time for v1.6!!
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #1308 on: 28 / May / 2011, 13:41:37 »
got magic zoom, focus peaking, etc etc working in all movie modes :)

just gonna fix up afew more things and then it'll be time for v1.6!!
Sounds good, I was just thinking, just having fullscreen was good enough for a new version, but good you waited with all these fixed features.

« Reply #1309 on: 28 / May / 2011, 15:01:58 »
Great stuff coutts and the rest. It's good to see things on here are back to being development focused after all the drama! Was getting worried some people might get offended by all the negative speak and just leave. There are a lot of people who are very greatful for the work of all and any developers of 500d ML.