500d development

• 2487 Replies

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1410 on: 08 / June / 2011, 03:42:14 »
Advertisements
That's bad.

Other question: do you have access to exposure compensation from ML, with lens_get_ae and lens_set_ae ?

If yes, you can try to read the current exposure value (i.e. raw_iso - raw_shutter - raw_aperture), and as soon as it changes, apply some negative feedback with lens_set_ae. Something like this (not tested):

Code: [Select]
raw_iso, raw_shutter, raw_aperture = DECODE(PROP_WHICH_CONTAINS_ISO_SHUTTER_AND_APERTURE);
int current_exposure = raw_iso - raw_shutter - raw_aperture;
int reference_exposure = 80 - 101 + 44; // ISO 200 - 1/48 - f4.5, look in lens.h to make up some values
int delta = reference_exposure - current_exposure;
if (delta) lens_set_ae(lens_info.ae + delta);

And call this from some loop (e.g. debug_loop_task), maybe 10 times per second or so.

« Reply #1411 on: 08 / June / 2011, 03:43:20 »
int xx_toggle = 0;
void xx_test(void* priv)
{
    call( "lv_ae", xx_toggle );
    xx_toggle = !xx_toggle;
}

A nicer way would be to declare a static variable for that function only (try to limit the use of globals):

void xx_test(void *priv)
{
    static int xx_toggle = 0;
    call( "lv_ae", xx_toggle );
    xx_toggle = !xx_toggle;
}

Declaring it as satic means that it's still preserved after the function returns, so it's still there in its previous state when you call the function again. But because it was declared within that function's scope, it isn't visible for other functions.
« Last Edit: 08 / June / 2011, 03:46:16 by RoaldFre »

« Reply #1412 on: 08 / June / 2011, 04:15:43 »
That's bad.

Other question: do you have access to exposure compensation from ML, with lens_get_ae and lens_set_ae ?

If yes, you can try to read the current exposure value (i.e. raw_iso - raw_shutter - raw_aperture), and as soon as it changes, apply some negative feedback with lens_set_ae. Something like this (not tested):

I am able to access the ML menu after enabling this feature but nothing is changeable, I set up the toggle type so at least I can turn it off and on for testing, which i am able to just fine without cam freezing, I am not like Coutts so not sure what I need to do for the new code test you mentioned, I just new how to change the simple code lol, I wish I knew more so I could test out the 2nd option you mentioned, 8/

Am not sure how to do the debug loop test and am confused about the DECODE part, am I suppose to put a PROP command in there, and not sure how to make it 10x per sec 8/ Not sure if this goes in menu.c or debug.c or where.
« Last Edit: 08 / June / 2011, 04:35:12 by mk11174 »

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1413 on: 08 / June / 2011, 04:36:26 »
The decode part is pseudocode, look back in this thread and use your binary arithmetic skills :)

« Reply #1414 on: 08 / June / 2011, 05:04:46 »
yay ! looks like things move on here ! amazing.
I don't know if guys now, but it's really exciting to see you guys brainstorming like hell !

Well, sorry for talking about that battery problem again, but i just wanted to share a little trick.
I bought a very cheap grip on ebay. like this one : http://cgi.ebay.fr/Poignee-Grip-de-Batterie-B5G-pr-Canon-450D-500D-1000D-/130443122632?pt=FR_IQ_PhotoVideo_Accessoires_Accessoires_Photo&hash=item1e5f0417c8#ht_4263wt_1141

i wasn't sure it would be reliable etc.. but.. Seriously im very happy with it, it doesnt look cheap at all.I can't see any difference between the grip finis, and the camera. anyway..

Then, i added a very small ON/OFF switch, to cut the physical power line.
Very simple mod, very cheap, very quick to do.. and no more battery drain problem.
i ll take pictures of the inside, if someone wanna give it a try :D

Sorry agin if this has nothing to do with this thread.. Just tell me, i'll delete it.
« Last Edit: 08 / June / 2011, 05:06:35 by gravityrem »

« Reply #1415 on: 08 / June / 2011, 05:24:16 »
The decode part is pseudocode, look back in this thread and use your binary arithmetic skills :)
Sorry, just dont know what I am suppose to do, if anyone wants to tell me exactly what to type and where, I will gladly be the ginnie pig, lol I am super curious if your idea will do anything but just dont know enough to do it on my own, sorry 8/

« Reply #1416 on: 08 / June / 2011, 07:54:32 »
Sounds great Gravityrem!  I have also done a mod, to the battery itself, which makes things much easier.  I'd like to see your pictures of the inside if no one objects, maybe you should send it by message if I'm the only one.  Seems relevant to me since we all have to remove our batteries daily.

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #1417 on: 08 / June / 2011, 08:07:24 »
So I gave that code a shot. Ae turns off, and I can change settings while not recording, but if I open the ml menu while recording it cycles through whatever setting is selected, then it buffers out and err70. Hm
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #1418 on: 08 / June / 2011, 08:13:13 »
So I gave that code a shot. Ae turns off, and I can change settings while not recording, but if I open the ml menu while recording it cycles through whatever setting is selected, then it buffers out and err70. Hm
how did u do it, lol, u guys r so smart, anyway you can tell me the code and where to put it so i can see it work even though u get err70

« Reply #1419 on: 08 / June / 2011, 09:42:53 »

But, when not recording, do your changes to the settings actually hold and apply to the next recording? Such as, if you change the shutter speed, is it affecting the live view only? Or is the next recorded video the same?