500d development

• 2487 Replies

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1730 on: 09 / November / 2011, 00:49:11 »
Advertisements
So we can narrow it down to bottom bar?

Try to set "ML info bars" to "inside 3:2". This will confirm (or infirm) my hypothesis about what's causing the crash.

With 1720, can you use magic zoom, focus peaking and false colors without problems?
« Last Edit: 09 / November / 2011, 00:56:13 by a1ex »

« Reply #1731 on: 09 / November / 2011, 01:22:03 »
In 1720 it still crashes if you are recording and dont flip through the display before you record, it holds stable a few times but then eventually crashes, the only way then is to quickly run through the displays again till you are at the canon onscreen display even though there is no ML info bar there on the screen cause you disabled it, 1722 crashes right away if it the ML bottom bar is on, but if you simply flip through the display past it to canon display it stays stable no crashes, so both will crash but flipping through the display real quick before you record makes it stable, magic zoom, focus peaking and zebras dont seem to effect the results on or off, magic zoom is flashing alot in video mode all the time but works. So the bottom bar is for sure the result of the crash, but even in 1720 you have it gone and it still crashes if you flip through the displays and wind up at the point where the bottom bar would display which is the screen right before canon bottom bar info shows, on 1720 its blank of coarse, 1722 it ML bottom bar, its that point in the display that seems to crash it wether you see the ML bottom bar or not. And of coarse no crashes at all with audio turned off in canon menu, even recording at 3.0 bitrate as well, was pretty nice actually, just no audio cause its turned off. Oh, and setting the bars in or out dont seem to change the results either.

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1732 on: 09 / November / 2011, 01:34:01 »
Another hypothesis: if you disable time indicator and recording info, does it influence anything?

« Reply #1733 on: 09 / November / 2011, 02:03:05 »
Another hypothesis: if you disable time indicator and recording info, does it influence anything?
Actually I had those turned off at start and turned them on later to test out what I can use out of this new build, it doesnt seem to change anything, I am loving the 1722 build, even with Audio turned on i can use zebras, focus peaking and magic zoom fine and the record bitrate and time left, as long as i cycle through the displays a full once over till i get past the ML display, if I do that everytime before I record it works stable even with audio on, if you try to record a 2nd time without a cycle through the disp it will usually crash a few sec later, and its always 100% crash if you try to show the ML bottom bar for sure unless Audio is turned off then you can use ML bottom bar. I can even take a picture during recording without a crash if Audio is off and bottom bar is on. If I try to take a picture during recording with Audio on, even doing the cycle through display trick first, it will crash after a few shots, just doing a half shutter also crashes it, I see the ML displays come on during a half shutter press so I guess thats the same as trying to record using ML bottom bar with Audio on.

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1734 on: 09 / November / 2011, 02:10:43 »
That's right. But we have isolated the problem (it's within around 500 lines of code :P ), we have a way to reproduce it and we can fix it. Plus, it sounds like it might be a hidden bug in all other cameras (just with not-so-visible symptoms).

This autoexec only has the first items from each toolbar (clock and shooting mode). A possible suspect is in some floating-point computation in bottom bar.

« Reply #1735 on: 09 / November / 2011, 02:55:29 »
1734, crashes just like the others, with or without global draw even on or off, same results unless I turn audio off then works fine still. I turned every feature on and off that i can, started record, pressed shutter a few time halfway and eventually it froze to err70, seems the same for sure even though I only see the Mv on the bottom bar or turning draw off alltogether, it seems to work little longer with global draw off though at least, but just a few seconds. I tried differ option in the ML audio menu with audio on, no change always crash unless Audio is off altogether. And just like all the rest versions even the really nice 1722 it seems fine with Audio on, using Draw options also, if you cycle through the displays past ML info before recording each time, it seems to not freeze still.

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1736 on: 09 / November / 2011, 03:08:33 »
What about this one?

Only test it with sound enabled (I'm sure it will work without sound).

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1737 on: 09 / November / 2011, 03:27:24 »
And if it's what I suspect (ML drawing past BMP boundary), this autoexec should fix the problem.

« Reply #1738 on: 09 / November / 2011, 03:42:28 »
no, neither was any differ, i saw hello on the 1736 yet it did not crash during the hello, it did crash eventually while pressing the dis button during recording or just stop then starting a new recording it would crash after a few seconds, the 1737 crashed right away when the ml bottom bar was displayed. so the 1736 was more stable and took a few button presses and re records to make crash, but in the end was same results unless you do a full cycle with disp button before every record, but no issues with the hello display, it did not make it crash like the colorful full ml bottom bar info.

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1739 on: 09 / November / 2011, 03:47:20 »
This is getting fishy...