500d development - page 193 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

500d development

• 2487 Replies

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1920 on: 30 / November / 2011, 08:30:11 »
Advertisements
I've reduced LiveView task priority by one notch. Can you check if there are side effects in menu and with magic zoom?

You can also preview a little facelift in menus.

« Reply #1921 on: 30 / November / 2011, 09:00:36 »
Well, it didn't fix any of the issues that I mentioned, focus peak is still causing latency problems, histogram isn't shown (or shows sometimes after tens of seconds or so, just for a while), ML menu still isn't opening until I press also the menu button. I cam see that the focus peak algorithms have been renamed to D1xy and D2xy.. When focus peak is enabled, it also takes a lot of time for the "Vol+, Vol-" etc. LCD sensor shortcuts to appear on the screen (this was also present in the older builds, but they rather weren't displaying at all).
Canon EOS 500D, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

« Reply #1922 on: 30 / November / 2011, 09:05:53 »
I've reduced LiveView task priority by one notch. Can you check if there are side effects in menu and with magic zoom?

You can also preview a little facelift in menus.
dont notice any glitches, seems the same to me, the menu facelift is neat though 8]

Update: Note, This version for me is no differ then any version even before the manual exposure add on, but I do notice that when focus peaking is turned on, histogram and wave for update slower and magic zoom has an occasional flicker if I am moving the camera but only while focus peak is on, turning it off everything runs smooth and fast, while recording, focus peaking does become slow to react at the objects in the view, I dont really use focus peaking though and thought it was just normal that it would slow things down a bit when on, seems to work fine when not recording, you only notice the slow down if you try to load histogram at the same time. I am not having any crashes or anything all seems the same just like the past few updates, these are not knew problems for me or anything just maybe confirming what is going on with kyselejsyrecek, but his seem much worse, cause i never had the huge delays in things turning on, like zoom and lcd shorcuts.
« Last Edit: 30 / November / 2011, 09:21:50 by mk11174 »

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1923 on: 30 / November / 2011, 09:22:53 »
Slowed it down even more.

With zebras and peaking enabled, histogram refreshes every second or so on 60D.

The algorithms were not just renamed.
« Last Edit: 30 / November / 2011, 09:27:51 by a1ex »

« Reply #1924 on: 30 / November / 2011, 09:40:25 »

With focus peak, zebra and histogram on histogram seems to update about every sec maybe little slower depending on how you count i guess, no crashes of coarse with focus peak off histo seems pretty fast.

« Reply #1925 on: 30 / November / 2011, 12:17:02 »

Here is a test video of the 500D for u to see how everything is working, best way to show u was to use video out port so u can see things like I see them. Only things that are differ in that comes from video out port then what i see on cam lcd is the ml display, on the cam everything is at bottom and not cut off on the sides, on video out it is, just letting you know so you dont think its like that all the time on cam, all is fine with the display bars on cam.
http://youtu.be/A1_bTLaN7TE

« Reply #1926 on: 30 / November / 2011, 12:40:00 »
Well, I really have no clue what is wrong with it, but your video looks pretty fast for sure, mk11174. In my case, however, I am not even able to get to the ML menu with focus peaking enabled, if I don't press also menu button after I press the erase button. The Canon's zoom starts several seconds after I press the button, sensor shortcuts onscreen help (Vol+, Vol-, ...) show tens of ceconds after I cover the LCD display and the ML histogram doesn't show at all (yours is showing and is even pretty quickly refreshed). I have tested all the latest builds that you have posted, a1ex, of course, including the 1923 one. I'll try to play with it even a little more, but...

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1927 on: 30 / November / 2011, 13:01:19 »
You could try clearing all your camera settings.

For external monitors you can choose a different screen layout (in Display menu). With default settings, ML is optimized for 16:10 HDMI monitors. On 550D it looks a bit better, the area above the 16:9 bar becomes fully transparent.

« Reply #1928 on: 30 / November / 2011, 13:21:32 »
Sure, that was the first thing that I have done.

I have noticed that everything (including histogram, menu, ...) works well in live view in manual mode. If I turn the dial to Av, Tv or P then, when LV is still on, everything still works fine. But if I turn the live view on from a shooting mode other than manual (Av, Tv, P, Mv), the described issues will occur and won't disappear even in manual mode until the LV is turned off and turned on again from manual mode. So in the default configuration, it is impossible to get it to work in movie mode because it is placed on the other end of the main dial (separated from manual and semi-manual modes by those fully-automatic ones like portrait etc. that will forcibly turn the live view off). If I set the movie mode remap function to A-DEP, start the live view in manual mode and then turn the dial to A-DEP, screen gets dark and nothing happens.... camera reacts on pressing shutter but the screen doesn't switch on until I turn the dial to the manual mode again. Starting "live view" from the remapped movie mode in A-DEP position works fine as well as doing it with movie mode non-remapped.

« Reply #1929 on: 30 / November / 2011, 20:39:33 »
Alex, my "fade LV" and other fades are not working. They did in previously builds, but not now. Just giving you a feedback as you asked. :)

Aaaand... I´m just worried about overheating and battery time. In the first manual exposure autoexec version it was horrible. The battery wouldnt last half an hour with many things disabled, now its much better but I dont know if you can improve it, wich I think should be directly linked to the overheating.

And of course... 24p in 720p and mainly in 1080p... would be just like living a dream! Please, take a look at that! Please, please, pleaseeeeeeee! :D