500d development - page 194 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #1930 on: 01 / December / 2011, 08:43:20 »
Advertisements
Alex, my "fade LV" and other fades are not working. They did in previously builds, but not now. Just giving you a feedback as you asked. :)

Aaaand... I´m just worried about overheating and battery time. In the first manual exposure autoexec version it was horrible. The battery wouldnt last half an hour with many things disabled, now its much better but I dont know if you can improve it, wich I think should be directly linked to the overheating.

And of course... 24p in 720p and mainly in 1080p... would be just like living a dream! Please, take a look at that! Please, please, pleaseeeeeeee! :D
I too am noticing the cam temp is not getting so hot, i was normally running at 163 and sometimes 167, now its stay mostly at 153, highest i get for now, normally doing what i was doing in the earlier video i posted my temp would surely be 167 as i did all that, but it seemed to stay at 153 the whole time and i did not feel the usual warming on the side with the sd card. So something helped that.

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1931 on: 01 / December / 2011, 16:10:34 »
If powersave is not working, something might "wake up" the camera. This autoexec will tell you what.

Under normal operation, camera should only wake up when you press some buttons (or cover the sensor, turn focus ring... whatever).

« Reply #1932 on: 01 / December / 2011, 17:08:35 »
I just need to return to you the numbers, right?

« Reply #1933 on: 01 / December / 2011, 17:19:40 »
Well, when its iddle and when it should enter the powersave option, its not returning any number, the menu on the screen just blinks about every second, and the AF frame becomes visible again, then hide, then the screen blinks again, etc.

By screen I mean only the info, including global view.

« Reply #1934 on: 01 / December / 2011, 23:23:14 »
Another thing I noticed since previous build. When I press DISP button with Global Draw on, the bottom bar of Global Draw disappears (dont show along with Canon info anymore, only in one of the 3 states of the DISP button, the one without Canon info on screen) and no matter what I do it dont show again until I reboot the camera.
The "wakeup:0" on screen also disappears but before that, it shows for about 3 seconds showing the number of last pressed button, like 63 for half shutter, 7 for DISP, etc...
When I was going to write whis, I just noticed when this happaned, the DIM Display function started to work. Maybe its a clue to solve this bug...

:)

« Reply #1935 on: 02 / December / 2011, 00:15:21 »
One more...
The Exposure settings are really saved, but they are not applied when I turn on the camera, only after I change the exposure override to off then back to auto or on, then the last used settings for exposure are applied.

Hope I'm helping. :)

Offline utnuc

« Reply #1936 on: 02 / December / 2011, 00:29:07 »
@Ulysses

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this bug.  I mentioned it 2 pages ago:

Alex, for me this new build does remember my settings.  However, when I switch to off and back on ML defaults again to 400/120/5.6 until I disable then reenable Auto exposure override.  It then goes to my saved settings. 

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #1937 on: 02 / December / 2011, 02:26:00 »
When I press DISP button with Global Draw on, the bottom bar of Global Draw disappears (dont show along with Canon info anymore, only in one of the 3 states of the DISP button, the one without Canon info on screen)

The bottom bar should only be visible when Canon info is hidden (otherwise they will overlap). At least that's true in new camearas (not sure about 500D).

The "wakeup:0" on screen also disappears but before that, it shows for about 3 seconds showing the number of last pressed button, like 63 for half shutter, 7 for DISP, etc...

That's the normal behavior. 0 and negative numbers are internal ML events (for example, -1 is LCD sensor).

So, powersave is actually working?

Another bug reported from Vimeo group: magic zoom flickers in movie mode, but only during the first movie. Can you reproduce it?

The attached autoexec should restore manual settings properly. I think it was restoring them before reading the config file (so it was using the defaults).

« Reply #1938 on: 02 / December / 2011, 07:46:48 »
Well, turning on the camera gives me the Canon info and also the Global Draw info, so I need to choose inside, 16:10 to better fit on screen. I thought it was the default behaviour. Only when DISP button is pressed the powersave starts to work and bottom bar from Global Draw appears only when no Canon info display is choosen.
I tought it was just when I turned on the camera, like exposure override, but I forgot it on the DISP state with no Canon info on the screen and when I turned it on powersave and Global Draw were working as they should. So its not necessarily a bug, but the thing is, if I just turn on the camera I can get both infos on the screen, but no powersave, if I press DISP at least once, powersave starts working and Global Draw bottom bar only appears with no Canon info on screen.

I´m only testing the video mode options, not the photo ones. I cant figure a way to make Magic Zoom work. Dont know if its some settings Im not turning on... I just get a red message at the bottom "Magic Zoom does not work well in current video mode" and Magic Zoom is always with the red dot.

Gonna try the new autoexec right now and report.

« Reply #1939 on: 02 / December / 2011, 07:51:09 »

So, powersave is actually working?

I am using the latest update from twitter with facelift menus and all power save features work for me just fine, they always seem to as far as i remember when playing with them.