500d development - page 233 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #2320 on: 27 / December / 2011, 12:51:41 »
Advertisements
Coool, very interesting, so it shows it is not a hardware limitation, thats great, nice find for sure!!!!

« Reply #2321 on: 27 / December / 2011, 14:05:56 »
I've made a patch for the latest Christmas release. Do not expect anything "big", it's just a few tweaks and  bug fixes of mostly some graphical glitches.

Apart from some overlay synchronization refinements and other graphical issues, I have moved restore_kelvin_wb() calls to another task to make WB be restored before movie mode is turned on, fixed movie mode remapping (movie mode was not remapped to the chosen shooting mode), modified the movie log file format to make it easily readable (+ removed the unused "frame" column since I was not able to get the number of current frame and added column for equivalent focal length).

The thing, which I think Alex will hate me for, is that I have commented out or lowered values of some msleep() calls which only slowed the camera response down and were not needed to be present in the code or to be that high.

I was also hoping to fix the bug of camera locking up if you pull the memory card out too early after opening the card slot door but instead I have speeded the ML boot up process up by ~1.3s. I'm starting to think that the card removing bug is a low-level issue. It is not related to the ml_shutdown() function called when card slot is opened nor to saving the configuration file nor to any infinite loop in boot-hack.c, reboot.c, reboot-all.c, config.c, debug.c or state-object.c. And it is even present when ML is turned off in the boot up process, which means that it is created before one of the very first C tasks is running in the camera (my_init_task(), boot-hack.c).

And finally, the patch includes my previous patches of zebras and other overlays so is uses the whole area possible.
Canon EOS 500D, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
« Reply #2322 on: 27 / December / 2011, 16:02:07 »
ML HDR video
very interesting indeed.

Also great work kyselejsyrecek. I think the zebras and features were made to not fill the whole screen for performance, though I'm not sure how much slower it is by using the whole screen. Either way great to see someone else working on it finally!
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #2323 on: 28 / December / 2011, 01:36:01 »
ML HDR video
Also great work kyselejsyrecek. I think the zebras and features were made to not fill the whole screen for performance, though I'm not sure how much slower it is by using the whole screen. Either way great to see someone else working on it finally!

Thanks. It's not using whole screen actually, just whole viewable area - so it remains the same in movie mode with 16:9 crop bars (but is fixed with 4:3 bars which appear on sides) and is drawn using whole LV area in LV and play mode. Zebras were already running at 1/4 of refresh rate of the liveview task, the difference in refresh rate (if any) is not obvious. Anyway, it doesn't affect only zebras but also other overlays like defishing or the green screen in low light.
Canon EOS 500D, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM

« Reply #2324 on: 28 / December / 2011, 14:06:35 »
ML HDR video

I'm having the exact same problem.

Any guess?
« Last Edit: 28 / December / 2011, 14:14:59 by pzotalis »

« Reply #2325 on: 31 / December / 2011, 06:43:37 »
eng: Happy New Year! Brothers!!!
rus: C Наступающим Новым Годом Братья!

« Reply #2326 on: 31 / December / 2011, 06:56:20 »
I did some frame rate with audio tests and found something that might be interesting (unless it's already known):

PS: this test was done with 24 fps.

If I use fps override along with sound recording, recording stops after some time, as expected. It still does when using very low bit rates, like 0,1 , for instance. The funny thing is that ML buffer warning doesn't see that the buffer is filling up. The time before stopping, ML says the buffer is about 6% full. (Bitrate 0.1 and 24 fps)

When testing this with 32 fps, I get error 70 after approximately 3 and a half minute . There is no sign of full buffers, it just stops. I can hear the OS(optical stabilization) go off before the error screen appears. The camera saves the file, luckily. There is no sound in the last 20 seconds of the file (played back on the camera.
Canon EOS 500D
Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 OS
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 +++ more

Offline Gary

« Reply #2327 on: 31 / December / 2011, 11:43:42 »
Wishing for 4fps HDR...  Any progress?

Offline Jamez

« Reply #2328 on: 31 / December / 2011, 12:40:33 »
Wishing for 4fps HDR...  Any progress?
Keep your eye on here -> https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/changesets for the latest changes.
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #2329 on: 01 / January / 2012, 00:37:25 »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!