sx160 remote hook (was Re: can you help ...) - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

sx160 remote hook (was Re: can you help ...)

• 5 Replies
sx160 remote hook (was Re: can you help ...)
« on: 08 / May / 2015, 03:34:28 »
Advertisements
...[]...The refurb SX160 I got was like new for ~$50.

I have been thinking of purchasing/testing an SX160 (to mix with SX150) - do you know if the capt_seq.c remote hook is working for it?
« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2015, 16:16:48 by reyalp »

I have been thinking of purchasing/testing an SX160 (to mix with SX150) - do you know if the capt_seq.c remote hook is working for it?
You may not get an answer here from someone who actually owns the cameras.   So I will just suggest that the SX160 is a released version on the autobuild,  so unless you see otherwise on the porting thread for that camera,  it is reasonable to assume the hooks in capt_seq.c work properly.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

You may not get an answer here from someone who actually owns the cameras.
True

So I will just suggest that the SX160 is a released version on the autobuild,  so unless you see otherwise on the porting thread for that camera,  it is reasonable to assume the hooks in capt_seq.c work properly.

I'm almost sure the porting thread made no mention of the missing hook  when I purchased sx150is.

It transpired there was a comment in the capt_seq.c file that pointed you toward conclusion that the hook had not been implemented.

If i'm reading this right  at least there are no obvious signs (to those who have long forgotten whatever assembly language they may once have known) that the hook has problems from this http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk/platform/sx160is/sub/100a/capt_seq.c

Code: [Select]
"    BL      wait_until_remote_button_is_released\n" // added
"    BL      capt_seq_hook_set_nr\n"                 // added

but, e.g SX130is seems (to me) it may still be suspect http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/chdk/trunk/platform/sx130is/sub/101c/capt_seq.c

Code: [Select]
" BL wait_until_remote_button_is_released\n" // Added (not tested) -------->
" BL capt_seq_hook_set_nr_my \n" // Added ------------->

perhaps? but I haven't read that porting thread.

I'll hold purchase for the moment.

Thanks for your comment.

Offline srsa_4c

Hint: reyalp does own an sx160 (edit: he did not make the port though). I wouldn't worry about that hook...
This thread has been horribly hijacked...
« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2015, 10:48:28 by srsa_4c »

Sometimes an unplanned journey leads to a more enjoyable & fruitful experience.

However, on this occasion, I now think it might be better if a mod were to split to another thread starting at my reply #3?

I'll take your hint and now plan to purchase an sx160is on it's strength.

Thanks.

Online reyalp

Hint: reyalp does own an sx160 (edit: he did not make the port though). I wouldn't worry about that hook...
Split so dan wake doesn't have to wade through this.

Regarding the remote hook: The shutter shoot hook works, so it should work for the remote as well. It may not necessarily provide optimal sync.
Don't forget what the H stands for.