Porting a camera sx530hs - page 23 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Porting a camera sx530hs

• 300 Replies
Re: Porting a camera sx530hs
« Reply #220 on: 30 / June / 2016, 10:44:20 »
Advertisements
Thanks wingz!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Offline koshy

« Reply #221 on: 07 / August / 2016, 07:46:55 »
Intended to work with sx530 today but alas it has the wrong firmware. the one I got has FW100a. That is already among the dumps - did I miss somethig e.g. is there a firmware update out there I didn't find or is it just bad luck an nobody ported to SX530 to 100a yet? I'll have the camera for about a week for testing.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #222 on: 07 / August / 2016, 10:18:01 »
(...) did I miss somethig e.g. is there a firmware update out there I didn't find or is it just bad luck an nobody ported to SX530 to 100a yet?
"bad luck" is that nobody with this fw revision cared enough to post in this thread.
I have put notes here and there and yet no-one.
I'll have the camera for about a week for testing.
The differences between 100c and 100a seem minor, I'll try to post something to test here.

Offline koshy

« Reply #223 on: 07 / August / 2016, 11:29:28 »
It's possible to add support for the 100a firmware version, but we need somebody with that camera. It won't happen by itself.
Well, then chance provided that camera.
I'll try to post something to test here.
Great.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

« Reply #224 on: 09 / August / 2016, 06:44:44 »
I'll have the camera for about a week for testing.
The differences between 100c and 100a seem minor, I'll try to post something to test here.
If we are to do this it would be good to have a first build by Wednesday, the camera will be around until Friday I think. If we don't do it that's fine, too someone else's sx530 100a might show up eventually.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #225 on: 09 / August / 2016, 17:15:07 »
Test build and source diff for firmware 100a.

edit:
test build removed - the 100a port is now in autobuild
sx530hs-100a-1.5.0-4666-test1.zip (772.48 kB - downloaded 3 times.)
« Last Edit: 14 / August / 2016, 10:57:21 by srsa_4c »

Offline koshy

« Reply #226 on: 10 / August / 2016, 06:56:05 »
Test build and source diff for firmware 100a.

Thanks. Works.

- booted the current CHDK unstable build on the cam (using both play and rec bttns)
- made sure FW doesn't show "card locked" message
- switched to rec mode
- tried keys outside of alt mode
- fliped though some Canon menu pages
- went to ALT mode and evaluated keys
- shot RAW / JPEG

The one thing I noted is that the top scroll wheel is not being trapped in alt mode. That is it gets through to the canon FW.
When in Menu, then in alt, scroll wheel changes menu pages. This is pretty irrelevant but it's the only bug I have to show thus far ;-)

Any other specific test wishes?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #227 on: 10 / August / 2016, 21:49:15 »
- booted the current CHDK unstable build on the cam (using both play and rec bttns)
- made sure FW doesn't show "card locked" message
- switched to rec mode
- tried keys outside of alt mode
- fliped though some Canon menu pages
- went to ALT mode and evaluated keys
- shot RAW / JPEG
Thanks for testing.
The one thing I noted is that the top scroll wheel is not being trapped in alt mode. That is it gets through to the canon FW.
When in Menu, then in alt, scroll wheel changes menu pages. This is pretty irrelevant but it's the only bug I have to show thus far ;-)
About the scrollwheels: only one of them is supported by the port's code (and AFAIK, CHDK isn't currently able to differentiate between wheels). The code that would prevent wheel actions from reaching the Canon UI in ALT mode has not been tested and is currently disabled. Since you only have access to this cam for a very short time, I'd rather not go into enabling it.

If you don't find additional problems in the remaining time, I'll make the 100a port official.
I expect the port to act like the 100c one, due to the small difference between 100a and 100c.
I don't have any in mind.

Offline koshy

« Reply #228 on: 11 / August / 2016, 09:55:37 »
I don't have any in mind.
Very good. Then thank you again for helping me with the 100a camera and I'm glad I could help adding a little piece to the project once more.

Offline axman

« Reply #229 on: 11 / June / 2017, 12:14:16 »
Hey guys,

Attached tarball of my platform/sx530hs fw:100c :

I enabled filewrite, exp_drv_task and movie_rec tasks.

I disabled jogdial and liveview.

I also removed 'fix_writable_media_flag', as well as 'init_required_fw_features'.  It was not clear from reading the port thread that those mods were actually required for the cam to run..  In basic tests, I saw no problems with power-On in play mode, using either button;  and I had no problems with my (correctly prepared) bootable SD card.

I tested the resulting build on my cam with lua lib test, hooktest, isobase, setmode, and ubtest; results all good.  I do not think my mods here broke anything that was working before.

I tested filewrite function using chdkptp; 'remoteshoot '/path/to/dir' -jpg -shots=1' 

It worked - jpg is saved to the PC, in the expected place, bypassing SD card.  Resulting jpg on the PC is ok.  Jpg numbering seems ok.  Remoteshoot w/DNG was not tested.

I wasn't sure how to test exp_drv_task, so beware, it may have bugs.

Movie_rec was tested from CHDK scripts using cam/gui/buttons.  Two small mp4's were made on the cam's SD card; ffplay identifies and plays them. 

I could make 'firzipsubcomplete' and post a build for others to test with, but this is my first submit, and I'm nervous that maybe I forgot something, or some other bonehead maneuver, so..  I thought it best that someone with experience had a look first..  Feedback is appreciated. 

Thanks to all you guys who share knowledge and help others figure out how to make these ports work.