CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :
« on: 26 / July / 2011, 22:54:14 »
Advertisements
The released version of CHDK for the G10 is available from the autobuild server : CHDK Downloads

The links below are for the final beta test version - built on trunk rev 1326 but with a "special" beta test start up logo.  Not really recommended for serious use - the latest trunk builds have many new features you might want.

===================================================================
Beta Release 5 :
===================================================================
G10 CHDK for firmware 1.02A  : <download link to beta 5 -  obsolete code>
G10 CHDK for firmware 1.03B  : <download link to beta 5 -  obsolete code>
G10 CHDK for firmware 1.04A  : <download link to beta 5 -  obsolete code>

Note 1 : firmware 1.00F & 1.00H can be upgraded to version 1.02A via the official Canon download page. 
Note 2 : Install with the SD card lock booting method. The firmware update method is not available.

« Last Edit: 06 / October / 2011, 21:27:20 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #1 on: 26 / July / 2011, 22:55:28 »
The post above is where I will put updates to the CHDK release for the G10 as we go through beta testing.  I'll post details about each release sequentially in this thread but you will always be able to find the latest version in the first post.

Re: CHDK for the G10 : BETA 1 Release Notes
« Reply #2 on: 26 / July / 2011, 23:03:53 »
BETA 1

The G10 beta test team has finished testing beta 1 so I have posted links to the download in the root of this thread.

Please be aware that this release has very limited functionality.   However,  it is a great test of your process of setting up an SD card for CHDK and getting it running.

Random notes for this release :

1) The release supports "SD card lock" booting only.  There is no ps.fi2 file for the "firmware update" method.

2) The release should do the following on startup :
      i) blink the Blue LED under the Shortcut/Print Share button and then.
     ii) blink the Green LED under the power button and then
     iii) start the normal Canon boot process but with the CHDK logo on the screen
     iv) show some OSD information
      v) blink the Green power LED every 2 seconds

3) None of the shooting functions or movie manual zoom are running yet

4) Press the Shortcut / Print Share button to get <ALT> mode (text on bottom of screen).  Then press Menu to get CHDK menus

5) Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode and the default script should run.

For those of you with 1.00F and 1.00H,  I don't plan to support those versions.  Please use the Canon firmware update for the G10 if you want to run CHDK - it will get you to release 1.02A

Thank you to all the testers who tried the first release and reported back.  Links to beta 2 have been sent to each of you.

Note that the 1.03B version has not been tested.  Three testers downloaded the version but did not report back. Until I see some interest in that version there will be no further updates for the 1.03B.

« Reply #3 on: 27 / July / 2011, 16:19:45 »
Great work, Waterwingz!

I'm excited to get back into playing with CHDK on my G10, after having incredible success with my dearly departed SD750 (thanks to CHDK, it took 60K photos!).

Although based on how early of a release this is so far it may be unnecessary, I was wondering if and where you'd like feedback? Are you using the CHDK Mantis?

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- it knocks them down in dark alleys and rifles through their pockets for loose gramar.

Offline JK4U

« Reply #4 on: 27 / July / 2011, 17:56:05 »
1.03B - step "i" of the "supposed to do"-list happens, then crash and deadness until batt is removed.
Blue blink and over with :(
Waiting for feedback...

« Reply #5 on: 27 / July / 2011, 19:20:53 »
1.03B - step "i" of the "supposed to do"-list happens, then crash and deadness until batt is removed.
Waiting for feedback...

This is the second report on version 1.03B - both reporting failure after the blue print lamp blinks.

Sigh - I  had hoped to get feedback on the 1.03B prior to posting publicly in case it would not boot.  The 1.02A and 1.04A boot properly.  I"ll take a look - the test team has reported a couple of issues with the beta 2 release for the 1.04A as well so this might take a little while.

« Reply #6 on: 27 / July / 2011, 19:34:22 »
Thank you for the great work -
Beta 1 works as expected with version 1.04A!
Cheers

« Reply #7 on: 27 / July / 2011, 20:18:56 »
Waiting for feedback...

Found the problem, I think.  Updated the link at the start of this thread.  Take a look and let me know ?

« Reply #8 on: 27 / July / 2011, 22:08:39 »
Although based on how early of a release this is so far it may be unnecessary, I was wondering if and where you'd like feedback? Are you using the CHDK Mantis?
Send me a PM with your firmware version and a real email address and I will add you to the Beta test team.

Offline JK4U

« Reply #9 on: 28 / July / 2011, 11:14:30 »
Working like a charm! Beta v2 is on and running, now playing through my three batteries to c what I can find :] Ill let u know! Uh, and BTW: MYHEROSCRIPTER!!! Yes, you are!