A720 S5 lightroom/photoshop/ACR profile - please download and test - page 2 - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

A720 S5 lightroom/photoshop/ACR profile - please download and test

• 25 Replies
Re: A720 Lightroom 2.3 profile - please download and test
« Reply #10 on: 05 / May / 2009, 19:33:39 »
Advertisements
Dcp is excelent for me (and my 720IS too  :D ). I  has many troubles with  RAW's colours  in the past, your job is great, Eneen - thanks a lot  :) This dcp was created with ColorChecker, I think ? Can you  try make Landscape, Portrait ?
I want test your dcp  precisely in next days, but my first experience is amazing  :D

Offline an0n

« Reply #11 on: 05 / May / 2009, 22:58:58 »
Hi Eneen,
It seems I'm doing something wrong, maybe you can help please. Using CS4, Camera Raw 5,
(On Macintosh) and in the Load Settings dialog, Camera Raw points to:
MacintoshHD\Users\Home\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Camera Raw\Settings, but the .dcp
file is greyed, do you have an idea of what's wrong, or is it only for Lightroom?

A720IS.

Offline Eneen

« Reply #12 on: 06 / May / 2009, 03:36:28 »
jarex: nice to hear that it works. No, it wasn't created with color checker, I made two sample scenes with almost all colors in color checker and I used color checker on calibrated LCD after that to check after my work on real photos. If U want portrait etc. I can share recipe file and U can attach any camera profile U want with DNG editor to get look f.e. nikon D700 :)
Color from jpeg files from A720 just sucks (it should be like that, it's cheap camera and U have to buy Gx right? ;)

an0n: As I know ACR U don't load settings, but change camera profile in camera calibration tab. Please check it, there should be Embedded and Canon A720... Before that U have to put profile in right folder (most probably U have done it already)
It works with Photoshop for sure, it's ACR right. In FAQ there is:
"Are the new profiles compatible with both Mac and Windows?
Yes. In fact, DNG camera profiles are completely platform-independent. Specifically, an external profile (which has the .dcp extension) will work on any platform, including Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. Similarly, a profile exported from PE on a specific platform (e.g., Mac OS X) will work on any platform."

I need good weather to shoot scene again with A710 to make profile so A710 owners please be patient cos I don't have studio lighting at home ;)

Matrix coordinates from dcraw are really good if someone is asking (dcraw color is very similar to mine without 5D profile attached), but I can't manage to put them into dng files (I get blue-green images). If someone has idea how to use dcraw's coordinates please pm me.

I will have to change topic to A720, A590, SX100 and S5IS lightroom/photoshop/acr profile - as far as I know they share same sensor... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline an0n

Hello again Eneen,
I've got that working ok in Camera Raw now, thanks a lot for the help,
and thanks for the camera profile, I'll do some testing now.
Cheers, an0n.
A720IS.

I can share recipe file and U can attach any camera profile U want with DNG editor to get look f.e. nikon D700 :)
Would you share recipe for A720, please ?

Matrix coordinates from dcraw are really good if someone is asking (dcraw color is very similar to mine without 5D profile attached), but I can't manage to put them into dng files (I get blue-green images). If someone has idea how to use dcraw's coordinates please pm me.
Try dngsetmatrix, it's command line tool but very effective. But LR/ACR doesn't look at matrix coordinates in DNG files, I think. I'm using dngsetmatrix for ufraw or rawtherapee workflow.
http://rapidshare.com/files/139685555/A620_profiles_beta_1.zip.html shared by vit40 http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2188.0.html

Offline Eneen

ACR uses for sure, cos I've changed them with dngsetmatrix and got  blue-green picture. DCraw coordinates for A720 are:
14573,-5482,-1546,-1266,9799,1468,-1040,1912,3810
Now I've checked again and it seems that U need to set WB to 8500 and tint to +70 to get right color. I don't know whats wrong then...
My recipe is based on default A720 DNG4PS2 matrix.

Recipe attached. I use beta DNG profile editor, it's bugged. It has problem with setting WB correctly and every time before U edit recipe U have to delete profile from Documents and Settings because profiles will overlap, but anyway I managed to make profile ;)
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2009, 08:58:21 by Eneen »

Thanks a lot. I open my DNG file in ACR with your .dcp, save changes into DNG (done) and open this file in DNG PE with option "apply Camera Raw adjustments" ticked. So I changed "base profile" on i.e. Camera portrait from  profile's folder 5D in (Documents and settings...) Image in DNG PE window is pink but it isn't problem, after export my new .dcp I use it in ACR and it works beatifully. I don't want make changes in  WB because it makes problem with WB dropdown list in ACR. I have your default WB and it works fine, changes made WB dropdown list unuseful.
Oh, sorry. I wrote about work with .dcp, when i work with your recipe .dcpr I haven't to make any changes WB, image looks normally in DNG PE & ACR, not pink, not green - it's all right :)
Regards
« Last Edit: 06 / May / 2009, 10:20:13 by jarex »

Offline Eneen

I don't know if it will work correctly, U have to check if PE doesn't overlap profiles (picture will be too pink)

My way is:
0. Delete A720 profile from Documents... to avoid bug
1. Open clean DNG file in DNG PE and load recipe
2. Change base profile from 5D Standard to 5D Portrait (load one)
3. Export profile with new name (e.g. A720 Portrait)
4. Copy old profile into Documents...

Check out v2 version, I improved blue saturation.
« Last Edit: 06 / May / 2009, 13:10:21 by Eneen »

Offline Eneen

For A710 owners: please get v2 profile for A710 and test it.
« Last Edit: 07 / May / 2009, 06:27:31 by Eneen »

bugmenot

i will test this as soon as i get home. Can this be included by default in CHDK?