Changing firmware? - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Changing firmware?

• 19 Replies
Re: Changing firmware?
« Reply #10 on: 02 / February / 2008, 05:52:24 »
Advertisements
Wow thanks. That's awsome

I have a question. Since I want to learn how to mod the firmware I started reading the Wiki and tested a few things out.
But now I'm stuck at this point
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Loading_dump_to_IDA

the signatures are only for Canon A-Series devices. Do these also work with the SD series?

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
« Reply #11 on: 02 / February / 2008, 06:50:12 »
the signatures are only for Canon A-Series devices. Do these also work with the SD series?

This is signatures for VxWorks cameras.
"Canon A-Series devices" is very old name, from the time that CHDK supported only A6x0  cameras.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #12 on: 02 / February / 2008, 07:42:31 »
The "Canon A-Series devices" just means that these signatures were made from A-series firmware and they best fit for A-series cameras. But it does not mean that they can't be used for others.
The one thing to remember: the right signatures should be used depending on OS (VxWorks or DryOS). Otherwise IDA just does find nothing.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #13 on: 02 / February / 2008, 10:54:53 »
is it difficult to port it since there is already a version for the SD700?

Not difficult, since usually RAM locations are the same.
Now support for IXUS800 1.00B added - look http://ewavr.nm.ru/hdk/ for binaries (without any guarantees).

This works very well, thank you very much.

« Reply #14 on: 03 / February / 2008, 09:32:31 »
It seems that I can't go higher than iso 800. There are no differences between Iso 800 and for example 1000 oder 1600

« Reply #15 on: 04 / February / 2008, 05:27:17 »
Now support for IXUS800 1.00B added - look http://ewavr.nm.ru/hdk/ for binaries (without any guarantees).
Thank you very much, ewavr!
I've tested your IXUS800 1.00B CHDK port. Works great!
When I had been dumping the 1.00B firmware, I hoped, that some experienced developer like you, will take it and port the CHDK for this version. But your promptness took my breath away. I published the dump on Thursday. On Saturday I've checked out the CHDK sources from tools.assembla.com, because I wanted to discover how difficult it would be to add this platform support by myself. I was little afraid, because I am not a C lang programmer. But voila! - platform subdirectory 1.00b was already there :o :)
Thank you!

Offline RyeBrye

• SD-870
« Reply #16 on: 05 / February / 2008, 17:15:53 »
When I had been dumping the 1.00B firmware, I hoped, that some experienced developer like you, will take it and port the CHDK for this version. But your promptness took my breath away. I published the dump on Thursday. On Saturday I've checked out the CHDK sources from tools.assembla.com, because I wanted to discover how difficult it would be to add this platform support by myself. I was little afraid, because I am not a C lang programmer. But voila! - platform subdirectory 1.00b was already there :o :)
Thank you!

Now I'm jealous! I dumped the SD870 firmware a week or two ago and nobody has made it magically port itself for me yet! ;)

« Reply #17 on: 05 / February / 2008, 17:34:15 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 10:53:42 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #18 on: 24 / February / 2008, 15:13:22 »
Thank you!

Now I'm jealous! I dumped the SD870 firmware a week or two ago and nobody has made it magically port itself for me yet! ;)

I've just stumbled onto this forum a couple of weeks ago while shopping for a sd870.  I hope chdk becomes available for the sd870 and if i can help in some way (without killing my camera), let me know.  Who ports chdk and is someone working on it for the 870?

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #19 on: 24 / February / 2008, 15:38:16 »
edit: nevermind, can be deleted (read the wrong camera model)