Powershot SX620 HS CHDK - page 9 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Powershot SX620 HS CHDK

• 132 Replies

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: Powershot SX620 HS CHDK
« Reply #80 on: 15 / March / 2020, 14:06:57 »
Advertisements
@Caefix  or anyone else
Are there any problems with this port or we can add it to svn?
RAW will be disabled in Hybrid_auto, Handheld_night_scene, High_speed_burst and Low_light modes.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #81 on: 17 / March / 2020, 13:22:19 »
 :xmas I would summarize: ThereĀ“s more fun with then without.
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #82 on: 21 / March / 2020, 17:16:41 »
Any reason not to enable in the autobuild?
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Caefix

• Sorry, busy deleting test shots...
« Reply #83 on: 24 / March / 2020, 13:55:15 »
 :) Time will tell.
Any reason not to enable in the autobuild?
Same ?? for Ix170...
All lifetime is a loan from eternity.

« Reply #84 on: 08 / May / 2020, 13:33:56 »
Have used it for quite a while, though not all functions, but could not find any issue. Only thing is that you shouldn't use the camera while CHDK is still starting. Like, when you power on and immediately take picture (while CHDK is still initializing) the splash screen may not go away or something like that. But seems absolutely ready for 'official' publishing.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #85 on: 08 / May / 2020, 16:30:35 »
Have used it for quite a while, though not all functions, but could not find any issue.
Thanks, it's great to have user feedback. I've enabled it in autobuild 5484 :)
Only thing is that you shouldn't use the camera while CHDK is still starting. Like, when you power on and immediately take picture (while CHDK is still initializing) the splash screen may not go away or something like that.
FWIW, if it's a purely visual issue, you can turn the splash screen off in settings. Testing on elph130 and elph180, booting directly to rec mode and shooting worked, but the splash screen does block the live view through the first shot. It goes away normally after that. If you see something worse than that, please let us know.

Thinking about this, as a general CHDK feature it might be a good idea to hide the splash immediately on half press, so it's less likely to interfere with shooting.
edit: added this change in 5485
« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2020, 18:56:59 by reyalp »

« Reply #86 on: 19 / June / 2020, 13:26:30 »
I would like to use my SX620HS as UAV FPV Camera.

Could you say if its possible to externalize screen on av out (hdmi or usb) while controlling mode / zoom... ?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #87 on: 19 / June / 2020, 14:14:01 »
Could you say if its possible to externalize screen on av out (hdmi or usb) while controlling mode / zoom... ?
Definitely not with HDMI, only a few high end cameras support HDMI out in rec mode.

This camera does not appear to support standard def video out either, based on it not being mentioned in the manual, and the fact it uses micro USB (For standard def, Canon used a proprietary extension of the mini USB plug, and they don't appear to have carried this over to the micro USB cams).

That means your only option for this cam would be chdkptp live view. To use that, you'd need a USB host on board (something that runs a full linux OS, like a raspberry pi, not a microcontroller) and use the display output of that for you FPV. This is probably not a good solution, unless you already have a capable host device onboard already, and maybe not even then.

The alternative is to find a different camera that supports TV out. The specs will mention analog video out for the ones that do, and "AV Cable AVC-DC400" will be mentioned in accessories. The manual will tell you if it natively supports video out in shooting mode. If it does, the section found from "TV" in the index will mention it. If not, it will just talk about playback.

CHDK can enable analog video out in shooting mode for some cameras, but only those that physically support analog video out. See https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13451.msg143315#msg143315
Only a few cameras are supported so far. It's likely that more can be added easily, but not guaranteed.

To use analog video and USB control simultaneously, you will need a custom splitter like mentioned on https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/USB_Remote#Note:_combined_USB_.26_Video_Connector

« Reply #88 on: 29 / July / 2020, 16:51:13 »
Hello ! :)
I'm very new to CHDK and i'm glad to see that a port have begun for my SX620.
I'm especially interested in astrophotography (yes, it is the poor version of the hobby xD), and I think that I cannot focus properly without the MF developped in CHDK, if you don't agree, please tell me how (private message or here, i do not know what is the best).

I think that this feature is not yet developped but and I'm not sure (it is present from the options..), can you please confirm it for me?

Maybe I could work on this project as a developper, is there a group for those who dev on this port ? (Discord, github/gitlab, etc.)

Thanks you in advance.

« Reply #89 on: 29 / July / 2020, 18:21:17 »
Maybe I could work on this project as a developper, is there a group for those who dev on this port ? (Discord, github/gitlab, etc.)

You are already commenting in the group used by the CHDK developers.

You might also be interested in this :  CHDK Wiki and the section For Developers

Why do you think the manual focus function in CHDK is not available on the SX620?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16