Chdk for SX130 IS ? - page 66 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #650 on: 30 / June / 2011, 09:46:20 »
Advertisements
Hello, I just had only done some tests but what I'm wondering is, why the raw format has a smaller image size? so I got just 1900 and not 4000X Pixels?

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #651 on: 30 / June / 2011, 10:27:25 »
@chunk0r

What do you use to view your raw/dng ? As an example, IrfanView will
by default show most RAW formats at half size ...
In other words, check for optional settings in your viewer.

hope that helps,

wim

« Reply #652 on: 01 / July / 2011, 13:49:50 »
Just wanted to post that I am enjoying good results with DNG and UFRaw.

The UFRaw program can read the camera's white balance, and when I set camera's colour profile to "Color matrix" option, file colour profile to sRGB (embedded), I seem to be getting pretty good colours - somewhat different from the JPEG's produced by the camera itself, but nevertheless excellent. Moreover, when I export the image to GIMP (for applying possible lens distortion and unsharp mask) and then save as JPG, it seems all the pertinent EXIF info is carried over as well.

A few shots of Helsinki at fine summer night:

Here are a couple of colour comparison samples of shots I've taken recently.

DNG (UFRaw export to GIMP, lens distortion, unsharp mask and resize to sensible dimensions):

Corresponding camera produced JPEG (for colour comparison):

DNG (same as before, but also cropped)

Camera JPEG:

The greens are a tad bit bluer, and the camera JPEGs are slightly brighter overall, but it's hard to form an opinion which ones have "better" colour reproduction. Clearly the RAW shots have better quality artefact-wise, and colours are very good as well, even if they are slightly different than the ones in the camera's own JPEG's.

some of my photos
« Reply #653 on: 02 / July / 2011, 14:22:52 »
hi there!

i use chdk at sx130 about 4 month. you can see some of my photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hiddn/
all of them made with help of chdk.

and i have an important, but slightly offtopic question: is anybody have a dust inside the lens? this looks like a big problem for me.  :( is anyone open this cam and lens? how i clean this by myself? it is a gurantee case?  :blink:
« Last Edit: 02 / July / 2011, 14:28:02 by hidden »

« Reply #654 on: 02 / July / 2011, 14:33:00 »
btw, there is a great free raw/dng processor. but only for mac users :(
http://www.raw-photo-processor.com/RPP/Overview.html

Pilda

« Reply #655 on: 02 / July / 2011, 17:03:50 »
If you want to have the colors from RAW more like JPG, you have to download this RAW profile which was made by quid - the main developer of this port. The colors are then much better! But I am not sure if it works just in Adobe Camera Raw, or you can use it in another RAW converter.
« Last Edit: 02 / July / 2011, 17:07:15 by Pilda »

« Reply #656 on: 02 / July / 2011, 17:49:04 »
If you want to have the colors from RAW more like JPG, you have to download this RAW profile which was made by quid - the main developer of this port. The colors are then much better! But I am not sure if it works just in Adobe Camera Raw, or you can use it in another RAW converter.

I don't have Photoshop, so I'm using UFRaw (basically DCRaw frontend for GIMP) and GIMP for image editing.

I can force UFRaw to open that colour profile, and while it says it is a "corrupted profile" (and it makes UFRaw crash on startup if it's left as the default profile), it seems to be doing something nevertheless. However, it doesn't appear to use the profile in any correct way as the end result is not as good as with the "Color matrix" option offered in UFRaw by default.

It'd be ideal to have a more widely useable colour profile, Photoshop is kind of proprietary despite being industry standard, but hey, I'm getting fairly good results with what I have, so I'm by no means unhappy.

Pilda

« Reply #657 on: 02 / July / 2011, 21:55:45 »
Herra Tohtori:
I see. You can make your own profile. You need take a shot of one image and compare the RAW and JPG in a program. But I am know more about it. I just read it somewhere on this forum.

« Reply #658 on: 03 / July / 2011, 03:05:48 »
is the final version out? some one posted on facebook that it is out for sx130

Pilda

« Reply #659 on: 03 / July / 2011, 10:19:49 »
is the final version out? some one posted on facebook that it is out for sx130
No, it's still in alfa version however it works very well.
« Last Edit: 03 / July / 2011, 10:22:49 by Pilda »