How can I turn off LCD effectively in record mode (IXUS 860)? - General Chat - CHDK Forum  

How can I turn off LCD effectively in record mode (IXUS 860)?

• 1 Replies
How can I turn off LCD effectively in record mode (IXUS 860)?
« on: 19 / September / 2008, 12:47:39 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I have searched this forum and despite many posts on this topic haven't found the satisfactory answer for myself.

I need the camera to be in record mode with LCD display OFF. And it would be the best to have easy possibility to turn it on when needed (a button press?).
I read about the jack plug hack - but it does not solve the problem for me. I keep the camera in waterproof case - plugging and unplugging on demand will not be possible.
I also read the hints about PRINT button for my camera:
CHDK for Dummies - CHDK Wiki
But running script which presses the PRINT button does not solve my problem either.
One of the most annoying things about my IXUS 860 is that in record mode it turns on LCD automatically every time it is rotated or even shaked a bit harder - does anybody know how can I prevent this? Haven't found any option about it in any menu.

Do I suspect right that this feature under development:
for devs: vacant jobs, must-have features, status & overview / for users: a poll

56 - lcd brightness / LCD control (on/off)

could resolve the LCD off problem? When could I expect this feature to be available for my camera?

thank you for any help

Re: How can I turn off LCD effectively in record mode (IXUS 860)?
« Reply #1 on: 22 / January / 2009, 03:50:14 »
Just call 'set_backlight 0' in your script and it will turn off the backlight on the LCD or on the SD950 completely turn it off.