Turn Off LCD Scripting - S95 Camera - page 2 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

Turn Off LCD Scripting - S95 Camera

• 12 Replies
Re: Turn Off LCD Scripting - S95 Camera
« Reply #10 on: 02 / April / 2013, 18:52:28 »
Advertisements
I don't think I asked how to get the camera out of sleep mode?  Press any button?
I think so. You could try it on your G10 (assuming it's one of those cameras).
I guess I could try it there.  Won't be able to update the statistics on the first post of this thread though - those were done with my A1200 and it does not have sleep mode or a shortcut button.

Or just press the shortcut button, it won't react anyway if the camera doesn't have one. Some cameras have similar functionality on their print button though...
Like the G10 ....    :haha
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #11 on: 06 / April / 2013, 05:48:15 »
I don't think I asked how to get the camera out of sleep mode?  Press any button?
...or just use the same "button" again, like you'd do it on the camera, with the real button ;)

The script could check for platform IDs which are known to have this feature ( get_buildinfo() ).
I assume somebody would first actually have to make a list of which cameras could do this.

You may search in the firmware dumps (or in the "Strings.txt" files) for the string which is used in the Canon GUI for this feature, it looks like the (localized) text is only included by Canon when the feature is available on the camera.
IMO all of 'our' cameras support at least english language, you may look for something like "set shortcut button"...

« Reply #12 on: 06 / April / 2013, 09:45:28 »
You may search in the firmware dumps (or in the "Strings.txt" files) for the string which is used in the Canon GUI for this feature, it looks like the (localized) text is only included by Canon when the feature is available on the camera.
IMO all of 'our' cameras support at least english language, you may look for something like "set shortcut button"...
This was probably an invalid concern in the first place.  Using the shortcut button in a script requires the user to setup the button so that it invokes sleep mode. Give that, its then up to the user to include it in any script he uses.  No need to check that the camera supports it - the user will know.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16