CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit - page 24 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for PowerShot SD770 IS/DIGITAL IXUS 85 IS: Update: Pg2 RAW in 12bit

• 238 Replies
Advertisements
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find a more accurate value for the battery min and max voltage.

My battery, when charged for 8 hours, reach 4.087 mvolts (but it is 18 months old). The camera stops working with 3.365 mvolts.

May I ask for a little help? Anybody with a newer battery please charge for 8 or more hours, put in the camera, take some shoots, turn off the camera, wait for 15 min, turn on again and take the battery voltage (alt/menu/OSD parameters/Battery/Show Batt voltage).

On chdk sd770is port the default value for min is 3.500 and for max is 4.100.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 30 / June / 2010, 07:47:41 by pedropaislopes »

take the battery voltage

Hey pedropaislopes,

mine isn't exactly new (about 6 months old/charged about 8 times). The value is 3.970.

Cheers

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that I already shot a time lapse after charging. I will post a new value after the next charging cycle.
« Last Edit: 01 / July / 2010, 04:11:14 by Spielor »

Offline reyalp

I'm not sure there's any sense in trying to get an "exact" value, since every battery will vary over it's life span. All the batteries of the same type (e.g. NB-6L, or really any ones that share the same chemistry and number of cells) should have the same range. If the peak voltage fresh off the charger is a little over the high CHDK value, this doesn't hurt anything AFAIK.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

I'm not sure there's any sense in trying to get an "exact" value, since every battery will vary over it's life span.

You are absolutely right. And D11 has the same battery, showing similar values.

Summarizing (first value is min, second is max voltage):
My camera (sd770): 3.360 / 4.087
sd770 port: 3.500 / 4.100
D10 port: 3.425 / 4.000 (comments on main.c shows canon batt icon blinking 3.470, stops working at <3.380)

My opinion for sd770 port: 3.400 / 4.050

It's fine?!

Offline reyalp

My opinion for sd770 port: 3.400 / 4.050

It's fine?!
I think so :)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline ACR

I have got CHDK working just fine on my Ixus 85i.  my problem is I bought it for underwater use and the underwater housing doesn't have a "Print" button that is the "Alt" button in this version.    I know nothing about writing/compiling code, but was hoping somebody could help me sort this problem.
Clearly I can just set everything up and have worked out how to get it to autoboot, but won't be able ot change anything once underwater.  thanks in advance

Offline ACR

« Last Edit: 25 / July / 2010, 05:30:36 by ACR »

Hi,
I found a new dump to the SD770 1.00b.
Looks like that is to developers and have improvements!
I'm a noob! and would like to install the 1.00b! any help?
http://www.box.net/chdk/2/55272271
regards,
jon

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
...as already answered to your PM:
a firmware dump (primary.bin) is only usable for CHDK development (porting CHDK), for nothing else.
You can't update your camera's firmware with such a dump, only with an official firmware update by Canon. Canon did not publish any fw update for the SD770.

For more informations about CHDK pls. read in the CHDK wikia:
* CHDK Wiki
* FAQ - CHDK Wiki
* CHDK User Manual - CHDK Wiki