G16 & Infrared - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

G16 & Infrared

• 1 Replies
G16 & Infrared
« on: 18 / December / 2015, 17:44:23 »
Advertisements
Hi  Im preparing to buy a Kolari Vision CONVERTED Canon G15 720nm camera.
I read on their website that CHDK may be beneficial to a IR camera. (no real specifics)

Being NEW to Canon, IR and CHDK  can anyone please point me in the right direction.

I would like to know what benefits the CHDK would add to the IR camera and is the G16 a candidate for the CHDK Upgrade.  if so please point me to the correct STABLE version link

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Re: G16 & Infrared
« Reply #1 on: 18 / December / 2015, 19:24:05 »
Hi  Im preparing to buy a Kolari Vision CONVERTED Canon G15 720nm camera. I read on their website that CHDK may be beneficial to a IR camera. (no real specifics) Being NEW to Canon, IR and CHDK  can anyone please point me in the right direction.
You probably want to start here :  Prepare your SD card.   Pay particular attention to the STICK utility linked on the top of that page.

I would like to know what benefits the CHDK would add to the IR camera
For many of the less expensive Canon cameras,  CHDK adds RAW/DNG, full manual exposure control,  manual focus,  and scripting.  For the G15, the scripting part is likely the most useful to you as the camera has the rest natively.

and is the G16 a candidate for the CHDK Upgrade.  if so please point me to the correct STABLE version link
The G16 is a DIGIC6 camera.  Porting those cameras has proven difficult so not many have been attempted.

link> CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16