LCD OFF/ LED ON (PERMANENTLY) - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

LCD OFF/ LED ON (PERMANENTLY)

• 2 Replies
LCD OFF/ LED ON (PERMANENTLY)
« on: 09 / December / 2014, 07:12:02 »
Advertisements
I use the powershot D20 but I dont seem to get the led (green one on top) permanently on, when the lcd is off. The problem arises when the shoot command appears in the script.
When the shoot command is not there, the lcd turns off and then the led stays on till the end of the script. Below the basic script where the led is on while the lcd is off:

sleep(2000)
set_lcd_display(0)
set_led(4,1)
sleep(5000)
set_lcd_display(1)
set_led(4,0)
console_redraw()

This is going fine but when i want to use the shoot command (for implementing it in one of the intervalometers) it is not working. See Below.

sleep(2000)
shoot()
set_lcd_display(0)
set_led(4,1)
sleep(5000)
set_lcd_display(1)
set_led(4,0)
console_redraw()

In this script the lcd is still going on and  off. But during lcd off the led is also off. So it seems that the shoot command alters something and overrules bits of the script.

Is there a simple solution for this?

Cheers Aniek

Re: LCD OFF/ LED ON (PERMANENTLY)
« Reply #1 on: 09 / December / 2014, 08:31:59 »
So it seems that the shoot command alters something and overrules bits of the script.
The shoot command does the equivalent of pushing the shutter button - it actually invokes the same code that the Canon firmware uses by simulating the digital I/O of a button press!   So it's not really a question of anything overriding anything else - it all happens in a linear sequence.  The script turns the LED off but during the shoot command the camera turns it back on.

Is there a simple solution for this?
Insert a short sleep() after the shoot before you turn the LED back off?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: LCD OFF/ LED ON (PERMANENTLY)
« Reply #2 on: 09 / December / 2014, 09:03:15 »
Thanks for the quick reply!
The solution you suggested works!! So this one is solved :D
Thanks again!!