Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script) - page 19 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)

• 189 Replies
Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #180 on: 12 / May / 2023, 17:04:06 »
Advertisements
I checked the recently released updated firmwares for M100 (101a) and M6 (101a), and found that the palette related addresses used by the scripts are unchanged.
I updated the M100 script(s) I posted in this thread so that they run on firmwares 100a and 101a. The M6 script (the one posted by zeerow that doesn't check fw version) will run on 100b, 100f, 101a.

OK, my M6 shows up 100f
Above he said 100f works.
But why the script is "not usable"? Why the M6 is not listed in the beta section, although users reported the script does work on M6?

Thank you  :xmas
« Last Edit: 12 / May / 2023, 17:09:00 by Conny2u »

Offline reyalp

Re: Clean Canon overlays (M10, M3, also M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #181 on: 12 / May / 2023, 17:39:56 »
OK, my M6 shows up 100f
Above he said 100f works.
But why the script is "not usable"? Why the M6 is not listed in the beta section, although users reported the script does work on M6?

Thank you  :xmas
CHDK and the script are different things. The script supports your camera and firmware version. CHDK does not.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

For an elderly woman: Is there an easy description on how to prepare and use the script in the M6?

Thank you!

Offline reyalp

For an elderly woman: Is there an easy description on how to prepare and use the script in the M6?
Pretty much the just what's in the first post of this thread https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13489.0  in the section under "Cleaning the overlay on EOS M5, EOS M6 and M100 can be done with a script."

The most complicated part is preparing the SD card, described on https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Card_Setup

If you are using a windows computer, you can use the EOSCard utility linked from there to set the SCRIPT marker on the card.

Thank you!
There are a few people inside this thread where i understand that they have used different modifications of the M6 script. Some reported to use a script with no firmware check.
Which M6 script i should use for my 100f Version?

Does the Script also fix the 30 minutes recording limit? Or just fix the overlays and fix the 30 Minutes "clean signal" shut down?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2023, 10:50:57 by Conny2u »

Feedback!

My Canon M6 with 100f now works with Script. Autofocus works and no overlays in Display + no shutdown of display after 30 Minutes.
I just need to test if this also works for clean HDMI output with elgato Camlink 4K. I will give a feedback for this as well when i´ve tested it.

I need to test if the 30 Minutes recording limit of video is still there.

Is there any solution if my EOS EF-M Lens 22mm / or the camera is slightly out of focus?  I am not sure if the M6 or the lens is the problem.
Is there anything i can do by myself to fix it? The focus problem appears with and without script.

Thank you!

Offline reyalp

My Canon M6 with 100f now works with Script. Autofocus works and no overlays in Display + no shutdown of display after 30 Minutes.
Nice.
I need to test if the 30 Minutes recording limit of video is still there.
The scripts at https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13489.msg141505#msg141505 do not do anything with the video recording time limit. This is usually a more involved change that would be difficult to do from Canon Basic script.

I don't have any of these cameras, so no comment on the focus issue.

Hi, just discovered CHDK.  Also, just got a Canon G5x to play with as a travel camera and video camera.  Trying to figure out how to hide just the focus point/area rectangle.  Canon has options to show/hide the rest of the overlays, but no way to hide the focus rectangle, and I'm tryign to record hdmi to external device.  I did figure out how to use CHDK to turn off all overlays, but once off, there is no way to change shutter/apteture/iso settings.  I wish there was a way to briefly show the overlays and then hide them all, or just hide the focus box since the rest of the overlays can be controled naitively...

I tried doing the disable Canon OCD in Rec mode and in MviRec, but when switching the modes between photo and video, that didn't seem to turn the overlays on and off.  Is there a quick way to hide and show the overlays?  Or just to hide the focus box?

Offline reyalp

Offline reyalp

Re: Clean Canon overlays (G7X II, G5X; EOS M10, M3, also M5, M6, M100 via script)
« Reply #189 on: 06 / November / 2023, 13:11:24 »
I did figure out how to use CHDK to turn off all overlays, but once off, there is no way to change shutter/apteture/iso settings.
Technically, you can change them, you just don't see the values ;)
  I wish there was a way to briefly show the overlays and then hide them all, or just hide the focus box since the rest of the overlays can be controled naitively...
A shortcut is a good idea. Currently the best you could do is put the toggle in the user menu, or use a script that toggles the setting (then you could switch to alt and press shutter to toggle the overlay).

I tried doing the disable Canon OCD in Rec mode and in MviRec, but when switching the modes between photo and video, that didn't seem to turn the overlays on and off.
In CHDK "Rec" means shooting mode (as opposed to image review / playback) and MviRec means a video is actually recording.