Any developers interested in working on CHDK firmware for DSLRs ? - page 20 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Any developers interested in working on CHDK firmware for DSLRs ?

• 202 Replies
Re: Any developers interested in working on CHDK firmware for DSLRs ?
« Reply #190 on: 03 / February / 2009, 21:27:33 »
Advertisements
Has anyone had any luck finding key data or for that matter, decrypting the data part? I'm really banging my head on this and can't seem to find the right approach.

« Reply #191 on: 10 / February / 2009, 05:23:36 »
Hi,
Have anyone developed a software that will extend AEB on Mark II so taht I can have for example +4 +2 0 -2 -4 in continuous shooting. This should work on Manual, and ot necesary on bulb mode, as I woudl need it to both Night and day time shooting. I am not a developer, so i would need software on a flash card or emailed, and step by step direction to how to port it and us it. (I will pay a reasonable price.)

Zeljan
Zeljan@aol.com

« Reply #192 on: 04 / September / 2009, 12:06:41 »
Hi,

Real Newbie here.
I have a Rebel XT, which has seen better days. I am willing to try out new CHDKs on it.

Specifically, I am interested in modifying it for use as a lab optical data collector.

Thanks!
Gopal

« Reply #193 on: 24 / September / 2009, 06:56:36 »
Has anyone had any luck finding key data or for that matter, decrypting the data part?

Firmware payload is encrypted by AES-128 in CTR mode. No SHA-256 is involved, only SHA-1 (which used twice to generate 256-bit value: 160 bits + 96 bits).

Offline quietschi

• Ixus70 102a
« Reply #194 on: 17 / October / 2009, 09:44:11 »
Hi

Now I have a EOS 40D. I tried to make a Dump of the Firmware vers. 111, but my Camera didn't boot from my CF Card.
I also have a EOS 10D to explain.

I formated the Card in the 40d and then i edited the MBR of the CF  with HXD look at the output image attached.

When i put an empty file named AUTOEXEC.BIN on the Card in my 40d nothing happens (means Camera boots up normal). In my 10d Camera hangs and i have to take out the battery and remove the card. Can someone explain why this happens.

cheers quietschi
« Last Edit: 17 / October / 2009, 09:49:52 by quietschi »

Offline quietschi

• Ixus70 102a
« Reply #195 on: 18 / October / 2009, 09:29:58 »
Ok what I tried till now.

Chandged Firmware of the 40dback to 105.
dissect firmware 40d00105.fir with the tool dissect_fw3.exe
decrypt flasher with the tool decrypt_40D105_flasher.exe
changed the string "Update Firmware?" to "Update Formwore?"
encrypt flasher with the tool decrypt_40D105_flasher.exe
checked checksum with the tool eos_fsum.exe
changed checksum  at offset 0x20 - 0x23
joined the 4 files together to new 105.fir
upload to root of card and start firmware update menu
select 105.fir for update
Error Message Update file error

edit: it works if theres only 1 *.fir file in root of CF Card

1.0.5 > 1.0.5

« Last Edit: 19 / October / 2009, 14:03:59 by quietschi »

« Reply #196 on: 18 / October / 2009, 19:57:14 »
Hi,
Have anyone developed a software that will extend AEB on Mark II so taht I can have for example +4 +2 0 -2 -4 in continuous shooting. This should work on Manual, and ot necesary on bulb mode, as I woudl need it to both Night and day time shooting. I am not a developer, so i would need software on a flash card or emailed, and step by step direction to how to port it and us it. (I will pay a reasonable price.)

Zeljan
Zeljan@aol.com

Hi,

Please read the board rules regarding commercial use (i.e. envolving money) of CHDK.

Basically it is not allowed in the board to promote comercial use, though you can do it using any other channel online, again except the forum.

Thanks

Offline quietschi

• Ixus70 102a
« Reply #197 on: 19 / October / 2009, 14:12:14 »
Hi

for your info i was also able to dump firmware version 110 and 111. If there's interest i can upload somewhere.

one question.
I use decrypt_40D105_flasher.exe to decrypt and to recrypt flasher. But i'm not able to use it for version 111.
I use tool dissect_fw3_2.exe to dissect 111 fir and decrypt 111 flasher. But how can i recrypt 111 flasher?

any help welcome

cheers quietschi

« Reply #198 on: 20 / October / 2009, 17:21:19 »
Hi! If somebody fears that he can leave his EOS useless by flashing any firmware, I recommend watching the "Crash-Test des Firmware-Updatesvideo" from "traumflieger.de". Some professionals realy tried everything nasty Canon does not recommend. The only thing which did something bad was removing the battery during firmwareupdate. Then you simply have to flash a valid version. This seems also to be a good idea, to get rid of your own firmware. :D
EOS 70D, EOS 7DMkII

« Reply #199 on: 24 / November / 2009, 17:42:11 »
I see there is a .fir file for the Canon 30D on the StereoDataMaker website.  Does anyone know the status of this file, has it been tested?  Will the camera revert back to OEM firmware if desired?