sd1000 CRW. How to process the CRW files from the SD1000? - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

sd1000 CRW. How to process the CRW files from the SD1000?

• 2 Replies
sd1000 CRW. How to process the CRW files from the SD1000?
« on: 18 / March / 2008, 16:11:51 »
Advertisements
I got it to work, now I don't know how to convert the files so I can see the RAW image. I tried the CRW to RAW converter from Abobe, but it doesn't work. I tried DCraw, but also without success. What should I do?

Re: sd1000 CRW. How to process the CRW files from the SD1000?
« Reply #1 on: 19 / March / 2008, 15:30:20 »
it works with PICASA, so you need Windows. I have a mac, so I am lucky, because I can be on both. ouf!

Re: sd1000 CRW. How to process the CRW files from the SD1000?
« Reply #2 on: 21 / March / 2008, 11:58:59 »
hi tabbyarthur...

i actually answered this question in the other place you posted it (No Firm update option on my sd1000? Ok I made it work!) but i see here that you have already tried a few options...

it may be that the version of dcraw you have is not new enough - i had to download and compile a newer version (8.82 to be exact) to get it to work with the files produced in my a720. perhaps you have a similiar issue?

try getting the newest version possible. also, using dcraw itself will ensure the newest possible version, as programs like ufraw will sometimes incorporate dcraw's code rather than referencing it, so it may be using an older version.

[edit] you should also bear in mind that the "CRW" files that are produced by CHDK are not exactly the same format as the "offical" Canon CRW files (as far as i know - if anyone here knows better, please correct me, and harshly.... i like it rough! ;) hehem... yes, as i was saying - you will need to use a tool like dcraw (or a program which uses/is based on dcraw) to convert these files, as those for "official" Canon CRWs will probably not recognise them.
« Last Edit: 21 / March / 2008, 12:03:09 by pellgarlic »