canon m10 - page 2 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

canon m10

• 13 Replies
Re: canon m10
« Reply #10 on: 07 / December / 2017, 03:06:20 »
Advertisements
Thanks to all for your answers.
I dont have a M10, but if you look at the Mini-B with a magnifing glass, it might be a "EXT-USB-B 11pin" connector.
This is why I was confused. this connector seems quite "dense" compared to some others.
AFAIK srsa_4c has both the M10 and the other cameras which do use the combined USB/video connector, so I would assume his answer is correct.

The fact that the M10 manual does not mention composite video out and the USB/composite cable isn't listed as a compatible accessory is also a very good indicator it does not have this capability.
hmmmm I agree ( although some cameras sometimes have "hidden" features :I'm thinking of many lumix that used to activate wideo out after pressing a key for xx seconds !!) I was also hoping some positive news after reading some webpages mentionning video out eg http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-eos-m10/canon-eos-m10DAT.HTM
I'm quite used to "y" cables for video and shutter usb cable and unfortunately none of my current 11 pins plugs that works for S100 or G7x fits in M10. So I was wondering wether anybody tried another cable such as canon avc400.
Unfortunately, as you mentionned, i'm afraid only way is hdmi out, that actually works in record mode. However for unknown reasons my display is not full, missing the top part !
Thanks again for having ported this camera.

Offline Ant

« Reply #11 on: 07 / December / 2017, 10:01:18 »
I was also hoping some positive news after reading some webpages mentionning video out eg http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-eos-m10/canon-eos-m10DAT.HTM
HD video out using composite signal?

This is USB connector on EOS M3:

Do you think that cheaper EOS M10 has more functionality?
« Last Edit: 07 / December / 2017, 10:06:16 by Ant »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #12 on: 07 / December / 2017, 10:28:30 »
Picture attached (left to right): combined USB / AV connector on a PowerShot A3200 - plug on AVC-DC400 cable - USB and HDMI connectors on M10. I hope it's self-explanatory.

« Reply #13 on: 07 / December / 2017, 12:18:20 »
HD video out using composite signal?
Actually I did not imagine about HD or not. I thought maybe this was similar to S100 or G7x having both composite out and hdmi, although hdmi is not effective in record mode as far as i remember.

Do you think that cheaper EOS M10 has more functionality?
to be sincere, I do not understand any logical about canon features  :o composite video tends to disappear...HDMI is sometimes effective in record mode (M10) sometimes not....(S100). This is something I miss in many cameras for use in kap.

and we are not at the end of surprises: just discovered that M10 does not seem to have AEB feature !!
very unusual customer timer mode and no real intervallometer, except in some very weird function modes !!
Hopefully your work with chdk will for sure help there !
thanks again.

(It"s another story, but the only good news I've found recently in these topics/features is wifi range of G9x: I've tested successfully approx 100 m distance. but this seems to be an exception. but could be a nice feature to kap/remote shoot without any specific equipement nor hack ;-))