Windows GUI for CHDK porting - page 10 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Windows GUI for CHDK porting

• 98 Replies
Re: Windows GUI for CHDK porting
« Reply #90 on: 22 / June / 2013, 10:24:44 »
Advertisements
The following change should deal with the remaining junk in some of the 'data' words.
Added.  Gotta love those null terminated strings.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline alvm

« Reply #91 on: 28 / November / 2015, 16:40:26 »
Hello,

Is there CHDK-PT for digic6 cameras?

Thanks,
Alex.

« Reply #92 on: 28 / November / 2015, 17:22:05 »
Is there CHDK-PT for digic6 cameras?
No - sorry.   

Might be something to do when I have spare time.  I started a new version - removing some of the old functionality no longer needed and adding the latest code_gen advances and a GUI for that.  Lots of work - not enough time or demand relative to other things.

Offline Ant

« Reply #93 on: 08 / December / 2016, 01:22:32 »
is there progress with D6 support?
P.S. link to executable is dead

« Reply #94 on: 08 / December / 2016, 19:01:14 »
is there progress with D6 support?
No. 

I'm not really sure how much value there would be.  When I wrote the original, there weren't really any "free" tools to do the job.  Sometime after that, philmoz converted the disassembler and created the code_gen system (as well as making huge improvements to the sigfinder). So the need for the tool kind of went away.

I have some ideas about porting the code_gen stuff back into the tool to create a Gui for using it.  But it has not been a priority.

P.S. link to executable is dead
Yes - for over a year now.  Nobody has noticed until today.

Offline koshy

« Reply #95 on: 08 / June / 2018, 19:42:15 »
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #96 on: 08 / June / 2018, 19:56:24 »
In case anyone is looking for it here is a mirror: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Debuggers-Decompilers-Dissasemblers/CHDK-PT.shtml
772 downloads?  Seriously?

Of course, anyone interested could also simply PM me and ask for a copy ...

Offline koshy

« Reply #97 on: 08 / June / 2018, 20:43:29 »
772 downloads?  Seriously?
Every bot counts - as you said yourself no one asked in a year and then nothing happened in one and a half after that.

I got myself into a little predicamet. Bought a friend an S80 telling him what an interesting vintage camera that was. Well, it turns out to be FW 101B - never heard of before. So, I figured I'd look at your tool rather than look at code_gen (which I know no details of either) as the existing port for the S80 has no code_get.txt. Only after failing I intended to ask about it all. If I can google it I try not to bother folks, but if you dislike having a weird external link here I will edit that out again...
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #98 on: 08 / June / 2018, 23:11:24 »
I got myself into a little predicamet. Bought a friend an S80 telling him what an interesting vintage camera that was. Well, it turns out to be FW 101B - never heard of before.
If you have a ROM dump, it's possible to see how close it is to the 100g version. Sometimes you get lucky.

So, I figured I'd look at your tool rather than look at code_gen (which I know no details of either) as the existing port for the S80 has no code_get.txt.
Porting between firmware version is mostly just a question of converting addresses and dissassembly in the files in the ../platform/s80/sub/100g/ folder (in your case) to match the other firmware dump. The capdis  disassembler wrapped with a simple bash script is handy for that.

but if you dislike having a weird external link here I will edit that out again...
It doesn't bother me.