How Do I Save in RAW format using CHDK? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

How Do I Save in RAW format using CHDK?

• 3 Replies
How Do I Save in RAW format using CHDK?
« on: 17 / January / 2008, 14:01:36 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I downloaded, installed CHDK on my Canon A710IS.  As I take a picture the little "RAW" shows on the screen, and when I click the shutter the Print button on my camera lights blue, indicating it's taking a RAW picture.

But the pictures shows as JPGs only, and are the same size as the "ordinary" pics.  Is this correct???  OR does CHDK save RAW format in full Manual mode ONLY? :-[

Thanks,
Rufus

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Re: How Do I Save in RAW format using CHDK?
« Reply #1 on: 17 / January / 2008, 14:04:03 »
Have you looked at the SD-card using card-reader? Or using CHDK file browser? ;)
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #2 on: 17 / January / 2008, 15:23:49 »
Have you looked at the SD-card using card-reader? Or using CHDK file browser? ;)

No...  If that is the case that would make sense.  I just plugged the camera in directly to the USB and looked at the files that way.

Offline hydrogen

• Canon A570 IS 1.01A
« Reply #3 on: 18 / January / 2008, 04:50:32 »

No...  If that is the case that would make sense.  I just plugged the camera in directly to the USB and looked at the files that way.

The camera will only show you what it understands.  It will only show JPG and AVI files this way.