Autoboot makes camera freeze? SD880 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Autoboot makes camera freeze? SD880

• 4 Replies
Autoboot makes camera freeze? SD880
« on: 29 / June / 2009, 19:54:19 »
Advertisements
Canon SD880 - Firmware GM1.02b

I manually copied the files to my 4gb sdhc card.... Was able to load and use it with no problems...
Then I decided I wanted autoboot...

Downloaded cardtricks, formatted it to fat16/64bit clusters... set 'autoboot' to on... locked the card

I'd turn on the camera by pushing the 'play' button.. see the splash screen, and be able to enter alt mode and configure it...
would switch to 'shoot' mode, and suddently no chdk.... press the half shutter a few times, and then it would just refuse to do anything... video display still on an active, but no menus/text/power button didn't work... had to pull the battery...

formatted to fat32 again, and now in manual mode, have no problem.... any ideas? I really want to autoboot it!
« Last Edit: 29 / June / 2009, 20:06:24 by tedwinters »

Re: Autoboot makes camera freeze? SD880
« Reply #1 on: 30 / June / 2009, 02:46:14 »
Does the same problem occur when you use fat16 but no autoboot? And with a smaller fat16 parition (i.e. not the full 4GB)?

« Reply #2 on: 30 / June / 2009, 14:10:51 »
I'll try it tonight.. at least the fat16 full partition, manual load...

Have to figure out the small partition.....

« Reply #3 on: 30 / June / 2009, 18:50:44 »
I can't explain it..
formatted back to fat16 (this time using windows instead of cardtricks), copied the files over manually, tried it manually, and it worked - no problems... (just like usual)

used cardtricks to enable autoboot, and it's still working! I'll continue playing around with it...
yesterday I tried autoboot a couple of times, and it eventually froze... might have had something to do with settings... I'll see if I can simulate..

« Reply #4 on: 30 / June / 2009, 20:27:55 »
Right, that does sound like it has something to do with some specific settings. Let me know when you have found something and I'll see if I can fix it.