New features - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum  

New features

• 3 Replies

Offline nei

New features
« on: 03 / August / 2009, 00:03:25 »
Advertisements
Since I have the possibility to draw my on grids and use it. I'd like to shoot in Raw and get a full format  raw file and a small jpeg file (low resolution) with grid applied over image to use as a reference.

Best regards
Nei

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: New features
« Reply #1 on: 03 / August / 2009, 04:39:59 »
This is probably possible (similarly to timestamps I believe), as long as 'small jpeg' is one of the camera's built-in JPEG size/quality presets.

I'm not convinced it's worth the trouble, though, since you can overlay grids to JPEGs on a computer via batch processing using existing tools. If you use several different grids and need to know which one was used for each photo, maybe a tag could be added to DNG EXIF (or a separate grid or text or log file for raw RAW)?

« Reply #2 on: 14 / August / 2009, 11:46:40 »
....I'm not convinced it's worth the trouble, though, since you can overlay grids to JPEGs on a computer via batch processing using existing tools. If you use several different grids and need to know which one was used for each photo, maybe a tag could be added to DNG EXIF (or a separate grid or text or log file for raw RAW)?

Hi All,

I'm feeling the same needings, at the moments.

Which "existing tools" do you mean fudgey? 

I think that adding a tag to the exif would be genial, but which software will load the corresponding grid automatically? I'm a Gimp addict so it could be fantastic if that feature could be used in it.

Bye

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #3 on: 14 / August / 2009, 12:26:07 »
Well, for example any command line tool that allows summing two images is sufficiently scriptable. To me that would probably mean imagemagick and netpbm.

No existing app will of course understand non-standard tags it so if one should be added you'd have to dig it with e.g. exiftool and handle that in your script.