getting parse error at 'shoot' command ??? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

getting parse error at 'shoot' command ???

• 7 Replies
getting parse error at 'shoot' command ???
« on: 03 / October / 2008, 15:56:22 »
Advertisements

Offline reyalp

Re: getting parse error at 'shoot' command ???
« Reply #1 on: 03 / October / 2008, 16:25:17 »
delay is not a ubasic keyword. You might want sleep instead
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #2 on: 03 / October / 2008, 16:28:19 »
Hi volker, welcome to the forum !

I don't know if you've already discovered these pages: UBASIC - CHDK Wiki and  UBASIC/TutorialScratchpad - CHDK Wiki,

but it says there that available shooting commands are 'shoot_half' and 'shoot_full', give that a try.

have fun,

wim

edit: oops, missed the 'delay' one !

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 03 / October / 2008, 17:05:24 »
Whim: shoot should work, it does a complete shot. Otherwise, you need to use
Code: [Select]
press "shoot_half"or
Code: [Select]
press "shoot_full"and don't forget to release ;)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #4 on: 03 / October / 2008, 17:32:24 »
@reyalp

no chance of that (forgetting release) since i don't script  :D

wim

edit: except in AutoIt, of course ...
« Last Edit: 03 / October / 2008, 17:34:21 by whim »

« Reply #5 on: 04 / October / 2008, 04:17:30 »
@reyalp: that was it.... must be too late yesterday, in my USB remote script I used 'sleep' but for some strange reason I switched it to 'delay' in this script  :o with 'sleep' it works as expected. I'd like to use 'shoot' because as I understand it, the command will wait until the camera has finished taking the picture, while pressing and releasing the shutter will not, is that right? For taking hires panoramas every second counts, so I want to switch on a LED while shooting, and when the cam is ready to take the next picture, I'd switch the LED off, so my PanoHead knows that it can move to the next position. Working with delays ist not really an option, because I would have to change that depending on the type of panorama I'm shooting (HDR, night shots, sunny shots...). The wiki I have already found, it was my starting point. One thing I dont understand is, that I got the error in line 4 and not 3.....
Thanks alot!

Volker

« Reply #6 on: 04 / October / 2008, 08:00:22 »
When in ALT mode and you press the SET button, check your Scripting Parameters. There's an item called "Script Shoot Delay .1s". Each camera model handles the "shoot" command differently. Some cameras need this 1/10second-increment delay set higher than others. If the delay is not long enough the script won't perform the next "shoot" command. I think this is explained on the scripting tutorial pages as well as the original GrAnd firmware usage page, from that long ago. This is an important setting to get scripts that use the "shoot" command to perform properly. When you revert to using the "click" or "press" shoot_full, shoot_half commands then this timing has to be under your complete control within your own script commands by putting in sleep x delays.

« Reply #7 on: 04 / October / 2008, 13:34:29 »
Hi, it seems like it works with the standard setting. But I'm still having a problem here, I want to have a LED on while the camera is shooting an image, so I tried

set_led 10 1
shoot
set_led 10 0

but the LED switches off too early, and the following

set_led 10 1
press "shoot_full"
do
 get_prop 205 w
until w<>1
set_led 10 0

seems to have the same problem. And if I use the second version to change EV for bracketing it only takes one photo instead of three....  How can I test if the camera is ready for a new command?
thanks alot!

Volker