S5IS dataghost 51 build, not working...sort of - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

S5IS dataghost 51 build, not working...sort of

• 4 Replies
S5IS dataghost 51 build, not working...sort of
« on: 07 / May / 2008, 01:36:22 »
Advertisements
So, I got my card bootable, but the diskboot.bin on it. Put the misc files and dcim files on the card. Locked, put it in my s5is, and started it up in viewable. It shows on the screen the firmware and says no image, with the battery meter on top and everything. Then I go over to take pictures in manual mode, but nothing is different. It will only go from 15 sec to 1/3200 like usual. Only up to f8.0 and it only still shoots in JPG. Anybody have any ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
Re: S5IS dataghost 51 build, not working...sort of
« Reply #1 on: 07 / May / 2008, 01:40:11 »
i suggest reading the chdk manual that is just being developed.
CHDK End-User's Guide - 02
basically, you have to grasp the fact that chdk does NOT change anything in the original canon menu. it has its own menu and thus, its own settings.

« Reply #2 on: 09 / May / 2008, 01:47:38 »
Sweet. Works now, just had to know what I was doing. Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: 11 / May / 2008, 18:07:12 »
Hi PhyrePhox, I'm a newbie like steelgrays5is and downloaded the end users guide as you suggested.

Am I right when I say that the alt mode is just for setting parameters and running scripts then its back to normal to take the pictures? If I'm right perhaps a really basic description like that should be put into the end users guide.

Smokey in Oz :D
Smokey in Oz :D

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 12 / May / 2008, 14:43:50 »
well yes, you are right about that.
it isnt in the guide yet? will notify graystar about your post.