• 111 Replies

Offline FordPrefect

• S5IS
Re: S5IS 1.01b - Ported!
« Reply #40 on: 09 / April / 2008, 10:57:57 »
Advertisements
@FordPrefect
Look for firmware dumps here - [DOWNLOAD LINKS] Firmware dumps available

Thanks, grAnd. Got the dumps. Getting IDA, etc. I'm a total n00b -- let me see how much I can figure out.

« Reply #41 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:23:37 »
OK I'm trying install this for my S5 & I'm having problems on how to make a bootable sd I downloaded Bootable.exe in step Wndow #2 My dos cmd prompt won't goto J:\ it just wants to  be on c:\ I do a cd  or a chdir to J:\ & all it does it goto j:\ then skips 2 lines & goes back to the c:\
HELP ME PLease.

Dave

« Reply #42 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:28:44 »
I just looked at my S5 firmware & it's 1.0.1.0 can I still do this port???

« Reply #43 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:33:31 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:02:24 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #44 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:35:06 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 17:02:43 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #45 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:39:17 »
OK I'm trying install this for my S5 & I'm having problems on how to make a bootable sd I downloaded Bootable.exe in step Wndow #2 My dos cmd prompt won't goto J:\ it just wants to  be on c:\ I do a cd  or a chdir to J:\ & all it does it goto j:\ then skips 2 lines & goes back to the c:\
HELP ME PLease.
Don't write "cd" or "chdir", write just "J:" and push Enter.

I just looked at my S5 firmware & it's 1.0.1.0 can I still do this port???
It's not the version of firmware. You should have an empty ver.req file on the flash. Please see the instructions here
If you'll see 1.01B - you can use this release. If some other letter(like B or M) - you have to wait for a while, just like me and others :)

And by the way, jaydee, I think it's not the appropriate topic for such questions.

« Reply #46 on: 09 / April / 2008, 12:39:05 »
Well here I am again, sorry for being such a dumb [admin: avoid swearing please], I made a bootable sd on how to on the site windows case #2 I then put the disboot.bin on that sd card put the 2 folders on the card then lock the card, & put it in the S5 & turned it on & nothing happens, what did I do wrong???? I checked the sd card & everything seems ok the 2 folders & bootable.exe & diskboot.bin both on the root of the sd card. It was as though I didn't turn the camera on. I then switch with another sd card that doesn't have anything on it & it & the camera turns on ok & works ok. Sorry for the DOHHHHHHHH!!!
Probably something simple I'm missing.

Dave

« Reply #47 on: 09 / April / 2008, 12:56:23 »
Probably something simple I'm missing.

Yes, you've missed the previous post, where I've wrote:
If you'll see 1.01B - you can use this release. If some other letter(like B or M) - you have to wait for a while, just like me and others :)

So, most likely, you have 1.01A version of your firmware. In that case - please wait for the port as we all do.

« Reply #48 on: 09 / April / 2008, 14:10:43 »
you are right I have version A I just didn't fully read or understand, I guess I thought that all s5 were created equal, I guess not. Thanks for all your help. All that work & typin all for not, darn. I guess I gotta read MORE!!!

Dave

« Reply #49 on: 09 / April / 2008, 18:19:03 »
Hi, I'm new here.

However, I checked my S5is last night after seeing the success, and it too is the 1.01A version even though it's pretty new but Made in Japan.  Argh.  I am myself a full-time embedded programmer, and I'd like to maybe start looking at the source of this project and see if I can't get this stuff to compile under XCODE on the Mac (maybe that's too much to ask). 

1.  I don't want to learn Subversion or have to deal with a subversion client, etc.  Never have used Subversion and a quick look around shows that clients on the Mac are rather limited.  Is there any way to obtain the full directory of source (ie, email to me, download) so that I can start fiddling with it?  On the topic, too, where is the trunk for subversion to check things out from located were I to get around to it?

2.  Who's working on the 1.01a port?

3.  Good going DataGhost.   :)