Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs - page 8 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Testing cameras after kbd.c change: 27 tested | 2 with minor bugs

• 89 Replies

Offline koshy

Advertisements
A570

- A570 boots a current CHDK 1.4
- FW doesn't show "card locked" message
- keys outside of alt mode work
- has no jogdial
- keys work fine in ALT mode
- shooting RAW / JPEG was fine
- USB remote was fine
- CHDKPTP spot check of buttons was fine
- wheel buttons have no effect
- =wheel_left() =wheel_right() have no effect
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

A580

- A580 boots a current CHDK 1.4
- has no jogdial
- USB remote was fine
- wheel buttons have no effect
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

- IXUS 55 boots a current CHDK 1.4
- there is no jogdial
- keys in ALT mode work fine
- USB remote was fine
- CHDKPTP spot check of other buttons was fine
- detailed CHDKPTP report is here

Offline koshy

- IXUS 60 boots a current CHDK 1.4
- there is no jogdial
- USB remote was fine
- everything else CHDKPTP was also fine, nafraf just added FWT

Offline koshy

- IXUS 70 boots a current CHDK 1.4
- there is no jogdial
- USB remote was fine
- detailed CHDKPTP report is here
« Last Edit: 05 / July / 2015, 18:17:29 by koshy »

Offline koshy

- IXUS 75 boots a current CHDK 1.4 but only powers on using play button
- has a touch control dial
    - that does not get blocked in ALT mode as was the case for I960 before and was fixed by reyalp
- USB remote was fine
- wheel buttons work
- more detailed CHDKPTP report is here
« Last Edit: 05 / July / 2015, 18:32:15 by koshy »

Offline reyalp

Here's a test patch for ixus75 101a for the touch control issue.

For ixus75 and a550, do they not respond at all when your press the power button, or do they power up, but still in play mode, or something else?

Also, for ixus75, can you try
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherRight'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherLeft'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherUp'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherDown'
in chdkptp

I'm guessing some of these might trigger the effect you get when you circle your finger on the dial.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

Here's a test patch for ixus75 101a for the touch control issue.
Thank you. It works nicely.

For ixus75 and a550, do they not respond at all when your press the power button
Yes they show no action at all and play dead battery or wrong CHDK version. That gets me every time. Only after putting the cameras build onto the chip once more and double checking that I did build for my cam's FW it dawns on me that I should press PLAY...

Also, for ixus75, can you try
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherRight'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherLeft'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherUp'
=post_levent_to_ui'TransitFeatherDown'
in chdkptp

I'm guessing some of these might trigger the effect you get when you circle your finger on the dial.
Yes. Those are interesting. They are involved but there seems to be more. Executing any one of them does nothing. Executing any second one (including the same one a second time) makes the wheel graphic show up in the setting of the second one used. The wheel graphic does not go away unless one touches the actual physical touch control dial. USe of a third / fourth etc. command of the above just changes the wheel selection but does not hide it. So, something else must hide it and probably prepare it for showing up.

Offline reyalp

Thank you. It works nicely.
Thanks. Added in trunk r4189

Yes they show no action at all and play dead battery or wrong CHDK version. That gets me every time.
If you attempt to start with the power button, can you immediately turn it on with play, or do you have to take the battery out first?

Attached patch for ixus75 will attempt to blink the AF LED early in the boot process. Let me know if it blinks when you try to start with the power button.

edit:
In the other thread it looks you like you have romlogs from this crash, if so, no need to test the LED patch

Executing any one of them does nothing. Executing any second one (including the same one a second time) makes the wheel graphic show up in the setting of the second one used.
Hmm, you could try something like
=post_levent_to_ui('TransitFeatherRight',1)
or
=post_levent_to_ui('TransitFeatherRight',2)

« Last Edit: 06 / July / 2015, 22:43:35 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline koshy

If you attempt to start with the power button, can you immediately turn it on with play, or do you have to take the battery out first?
It's not a crash. The button simply has no effect. One can use play at any time.

In the other thread it looks you like you have romlogs from this crash, if so, no need to test the LED patch
No that ROMLOG is something else. That crash occurs when shooting JPEG by FWT in continuous mode and then switching from Rec to Play mode in CHDKPTP. It also involves the word "play" but not the button or the powering up behavior ;)

I'll test your patch.