SD750 Wont turn on when SD card locked - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SD750 Wont turn on when SD card locked

• 4 Replies
SD750 Wont turn on when SD card locked
« on: 25 / May / 2009, 16:35:56 »
Advertisements
I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get CHDK running on my SD750 and have been unsuccessful so far.  I have downloaded and tried all of the firmware versions but whenever my card is locked I can't turn my camera on at all.  From what I gather this is a common problem with some cameras.  I have looked around and noticed other people have had the same problem but I have tried their methods of correcting the problem but I'm still unsuccessful.

I would appreciate any help.

Offline reyalp

Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: SD750 Wont turn on when SD card locked
« Reply #2 on: 25 / May / 2009, 17:34:51 »
It says Firmware Ver GM1.01B

E18

May14 2007

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 25 / May / 2009, 17:44:24 »
The 101B version on the autobuild server is a copy of 101A. This is presumably because it was reported to be compatible, but perhaps it's not. If one as going to work, it would be this version.

Make sure you are using the SD750 (ixus 75) build, not the IXUS 750 (sd 550) build.

If the camera doesn't power on when you have the diskboot in place and the card locked, this generally means that the camera is loading the diskboot, but crashing on startup.

You say
From what I gather this is a common problem with some cameras.  I have looked around and noticed other people have had the same problem but I have tried their methods of correcting the problem but I'm still unsuccessful.
If you can link the threads that lead you to this conclusion, it might help us find a pattern.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 25 / May / 2009, 19:32:02 »
Ok I ended up downloading 101a and that one worked. Thanks for the help!