S5 IS Issue - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

S5 IS Issue

• 6 Replies
S5 IS Issue
« on: 15 / May / 2008, 20:39:43 »
Advertisements
 Hi to all.
 I'm new here , but have been reading to learn. I just got my S5 and decided I wanted to try out CHDK. My firmware is 1.01b
so when I download the Allbest zip file it has only the Diskboot.bin in it. I have tried to get this to work on two different SD cards and I can't get the new menu item firm update to appear. I turn it on in playback mode, the blue splash screen comes on
with firmware number, battery showing and memory card too. I am apparently missing something every time I have tried this.
 As I said I have done some reading and searching but haven't been able to get it to work. If I've missed a post or guide
I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. Any help would be good.
 Great site easily to get around and lots of info that's easy to find.Thanks carp48

Offline carlos

• A640
Re: S5 IS Issue
« Reply #1 on: 15 / May / 2008, 22:46:21 »
carp 48,

Your help probably lies here: "CHDK End User's Guide" @ page 9.

Enjoy CHDK!

carlos

« Reply #2 on: 16 / May / 2008, 10:21:43 »
Carlos, Thank you for the reply. It will help, I'm sure. One thing I did learn from reading on the S5 IS Users forum is
the step to update firmware at the begining is not used with the S5. When I push the shortcut button the alt symbol
or word comes on at the bottom of the LCD. I can then get into the CHDK menu from there. I guess that means with the S5
CHDK loads automatically without going through the steps as outlined in the FAQ? Has anyone else discovered this with
their S5? Thanks again carp48

Offline carlos

• A640
« Reply #3 on: 16 / May / 2008, 11:17:27 »
carp48

AFAIK the procedure you used (Diskboot.bin) doesn't need the menu > firmware update step - CHDK loads automatically. I do know that when you have <ALT> showing then you have CHDK - it's set to go.

Read the "CHDK End User's Guide"* and CHDK firmware usage - CHDK Wiki and you'll figure out your next steps.

I don't have an S5, so am not able to point you any further without learning what you'll have to.

Best,

carlos

*Latest edition today:  CLICK

« Last Edit: 16 / May / 2008, 11:37:39 by carlos »

« Reply #4 on: 16 / May / 2008, 12:04:55 »
Thanks again Carlos, I'm now ready to read and play. carp48

« Reply #5 on: 08 / August / 2008, 23:05:19 »
did you ever get it to work?

« Reply #6 on: 09 / August / 2008, 12:31:17 »
five.five-six, Yes I did, after reading more it works fine on my S5IS. I just followed the instructions after clicking on the S5
on CHDK. Thanks for asking and if I can be of any help , I'll try.
carp48