Need help finding cam w/ compat. firmware + features - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Need help finding cam w/ compat. firmware + features

• 15 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Need help finding cam w/ compat. firmware + features
« Reply #10 on: 19 / February / 2013, 22:33:57 »
Advertisements
Live video feed directly to my laptop (HD/slow-mo) for some important non-profit video projects.
If what you mean is stream directly to your laptop, I don't think any CHDK supported camera will do this. You can use the CHDK PTP extension to stream the view that appears on the camera display to over USB to a PC, but it won't be HD and it definitely won't be the kind of quality you'd want for video production.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

HELP--problem checking firmware vers.
« Reply #11 on: 26 / February / 2013, 14:31:52 »
Ok, I'm not sure what to do here, I just recently got this sx260HS, and did what it said here: chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies

I used a 2GB card, put in two files (renaming the ext) with those instructed, but all I get when pressing those buttons is a blue screen on the cam with an animated time counter like 00:00:32 counting up.
 :blink:
Tried everything it said, tried it in different modes (no "play" mode per-se, just used the > button)--but that's all I get. Anyone know how to get the firware info to show up on this thing??

Offline nafraf

« Reply #12 on: 26 / February / 2013, 15:04:18 »
It is easier to get firmware version using ACID

« Reply #13 on: 26 / February / 2013, 15:41:34 »
I'm not sure what to do here, I just recently got this sx260HS, and did what it said here: chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_Dummies
You probably also want to read throught this - the info in CHDK for Dummies is kind of out-of-date.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #14 on: 26 / February / 2013, 23:04:07 »
Both links were helpful, thanks. :) But it says the fw vers is "101a", no decimal. I assume that's the software's way of saying 1.01a?

« Reply #15 on: 27 / February / 2013, 09:52:39 »
Both links were helpful, thanks. :) But it says the fw vers is "101a", no decimal. I assume that's the software's way of saying 1.01a?
Yes
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16