720is ***Autostart*** - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

720is ***Autostart***

• 2 Replies

Offline papaone

• Pair of 720is
    • 3dpics4u
720is ***Autostart***
« on: 08 / March / 2008, 21:04:08 »
Advertisements
Further to my post on 5 March.  I must have messed up good style.

Having bobbed about from pillar to post collecting info to load up one of my 720is's (No ps.fir required, seek DRYOS info here, allbests build here etc) I finally got it up and running. I was flicking through the scripts and must have switched "Autostart" on the camera then it shut down, now despite reformatting the SD card and downloading it all again 3 times I'm still stuck with a sick camera. "***Autostart*** still appears in the bottom left corner of the screen when powered up in review mode for about 8 seconds then powers off the camera, Batteries are good, camera appears to function normally without the downloads, I've pressed all the buttons in different permutations (there's no ALT button on the 720is) where have I gone wrong and how do I get out of this mess?
All serious suggestions gratefully received. :'(

Papaone

Offline BB

Re: 720is ***Autostart***
« Reply #1 on: 09 / March / 2008, 00:45:50 »
Try booting in "Play" mode (not "shoot" mode)--or just stop the script (1/2 press shoot button?).

Press the <Print> button and you should see <ALT> at the bottom of the screen.

Press <MENU> button.

Scroll down to "Scripting Parameters ->"

<Function Set> button

Scroll to "Script Autostart" and if you see a "DOT" in the "[ ]"  on the right, push <Func Set> to turn it off and leave the menu system.

Otherwise, you could just use the SD Card Reader to delete your CHDK.CFG file (I think that is the name) or scroll down the main menu to "Set Options to Default"--perhaps that will clear your AutoStart bit and clean up the CFG file if it got corrupted.

Hope it helps!

-Bill

Offline papaone

• Pair of 720is
    • 3dpics4u
Re: 720is ***Autostart***
« Reply #2 on: 09 / March / 2008, 06:06:34 »
Hi BB,
Thanks for your help, for the record, following your advice, I held down the shutter release in "shoot" mode whilst turning the camera on and every mode popped back into life, I was then able to toggle the Autostart to off. All appears ok  now .
Thanks again.

Papa one :) :)