Problem with the download links... - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Problem with the download links...

• 8 Replies
Problem with the download links...
« on: 14 / February / 2008, 17:30:59 »
Advertisements
This being my first post on the forums i'd like to say great job and thanks to everyone who is working on this project! It really is a great tool to have on my A570IS!

Now on with the problem...

I i have a problem with the download page that contains the builds... after i click the file-link on http://malbe.nm.ru/chdk/ it send me to the russian page with that red download button... or at least i think it says download, i don't speak russian :) . After i click the button or the hyperlinked filename it just send me to the same pagem the only change being that theres and added question mark after the whole site adress.

To be more precise"
When i first enter the page the link looks like this:
chdk/allbest-a570-100e-31.zip

After i click the button it changes to this:
chdk/allbest-a570-100e-31.zip?

And it keeps adding a "?" every time i press it. Anybody knows what's wrong? And could anyone provide another link for my camera's build ? I'd apreciate it alot!
« Last Edit: 14 / February / 2008, 17:33:30 by dev23 »

Re: Problem with the download links...
« Reply #1 on: 14 / February / 2008, 23:51:23 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:12:24 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 15 / February / 2008, 01:08:51 »
Are you using a proxy? I have to access some of the .ru sites through an online proxy. I tried those links and I need to allow scripts etc for it to work.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #3 on: 15 / February / 2008, 02:01:34 »
To download you just have to click on the link of a file (not to any red buttons).
When I click the firefox immediately asks me to save the file:

(I see the only red button on that page: on the ads banner. It says: "Get for free: unlimited email box, POP/IMAP/SMTP, anti-spam, anti-virus, free hosting and many other... GET NOW", :))
« Last Edit: 15 / February / 2008, 02:06:09 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #4 on: 15 / February / 2008, 02:13:36 »
To download you just have to click on the link of a file (not to any red buttons).
In my case it depends which proxy I use and what options are enabled. For example using poro6.com I have to turn off "encode url" or that page dev23 mentioned opens instead of the download window.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #5 on: 15 / February / 2008, 02:20:10 »
In my case it depends which proxy I use and what options are enabled. For example using poro6.com I have to turn off "encode url" or that page dev23 mentioned opens instead of the download window.
Ok, I see. Maybe. I do not use any proxy, so I'm not an expert here.
But it's strange, that the "encode url" option has an effect, because there is no to encode in that url (there are no illegal characters in the url).
« Last Edit: 15 / February / 2008, 02:23:16 by GrAnd »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #6 on: 15 / February / 2008, 13:57:50 »
No, I dont use any sort of download plugin. I don't use proxies. Also, I did try with a few proxies and enabled script etc on them, and still nothing.

I'm  using the latest version of Firefox. And I also clicked the blue text... same deal. I disabled all plugins i had installed on firefox, disabled popup blockers, and my firewall...
Also tried in Opera and IE but to no results. Pretty strange. The situation is pretty extreme, heh... i'm guessing something is going down wrong on my PC.

The search goes on! :)

And thanks alot for the links Barney Fife.

« Reply #7 on: 15 / February / 2008, 19:48:51 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 12:12:45 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #8 on: 16 / February / 2008, 10:24:10 »
Dont' worry, I keep my pc safe from most of the possible harm. I'm not with the masses when it comes to pc security :) I know what protection means and how to use it.

I tried from 2 other computers and a laptop, neither mine, to download the file. Only one computer couldn't download it... the other one and the laptop had no problems.

But anyway. My problem is solved. I managed to get the file from a friend. So you can lock the thread i you wish.

Thanks alot to all of you for your replies! See ya