Using set_zoom causes pincushion distortion on S100 - page 2 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Using set_zoom causes pincushion distortion on S100

• 14 Replies
Re: Using set_zoom causes pincushion distortion on S100
« Reply #10 on: 11 / November / 2015, 16:42:05 »
Advertisements
I suspect you will find this means that the camera doesn't re-focus correctly after you use set_zoom.

I have a shoot command following the set_zoom command after a short delay, so I didn't notice that the camera wasn't refocusing. I increased the delay, and can clearly see that the camera doesn't refocus after zooming, although it does refocus when the shoot command is carried out.

I'll try the new test build with Servo AF off and see what happens.

« Reply #11 on: 22 / November / 2015, 18:25:21 »
Per srsa's post above, here's a build with CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY set to 150. Please test this with Servo AF (and continuous AF, it it's available on your camera) turned off.

I have tested the second build on my S100 with Servo AF off, and the camera refocuses after set_zoom in Auto, Program AE, Scene and aperture priority modes. I have not had any problems with the camera shutting down.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #12 on: 22 / November / 2015, 19:06:41 »
Per srsa's post above, here's a build with CAM_NEED_SET_ZOOM_DELAY set to 150. Please test this with Servo AF (and continuous AF, it it's available on your camera) turned off.

I have tested the second build on my S100 with Servo AF off, and the camera refocuses after set_zoom in Auto, Program AE, Scene and aperture priority modes. I have not had any problems with the camera shutting down.
Thanks, I've checked this in for both 1.3 and 1.4.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #13 on: 23 / November / 2015, 14:48:46 »
Thanks, I've checked this in for both 1.3 and 1.4.

Does that mean I can install CHDK using STICK from now on?

Offline reyalp

« Reply #14 on: 23 / November / 2015, 15:54:33 »
Does that mean I can install CHDK using STICK from now on?
Yes.
Don't forget what the H stands for.